• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Creepy Sartorial Images

Kurt N

Reaction score
^ That, folks, is the sweet, rare sound of calm and courtesy.

Doxe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
+10,000
This photo should be removed from the thread altogether. Nothing creepy about it at all.
The only things I would alter on the young mans outfit would be to add a wider belt and a dark jacket, which I am sure he already owns.
Doxe, to post this young man's photo for the purpose of disrespecting him (and without his knowledge or permission) was mean-spirited of you and a completely un-called for violation of decency, dignity and common sense.

Umm...it was cgardel who posted the pic. I was the one saying there was nothing wrong with the guy. I'm pretty sure this is how it went because I checked 4 times just to be sure.
blush.gif

I read a few years ago that the two last remaining acceptable bastions of prejudice were against overweight people and short people.

For example, look at the abuse hurled againt Mafoo for his height. No one would find it acceptable to say anything rascist about Mafoo, but insults based on his height are OK.

Same thing with overweight people.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We have to make the difference between personal attacks and criticizing anonymous people ...

We also have to take into account the simple fact some people are posting very personal details and photos on SF opening themselves to criticism and sometimes stalking...

If you live by the sword ,you will die by the sword...

Some pictures can be found on the net and in some cases,the pictures are staging consenting adults...

Nobody is forcing us to take pictures of us in toilets or some creepy situations....

Regarding the big guy's picture, the outfit was fine and the guy wasn't really creepy...

Do not throw stones at glass houses...

Some may be offended by weightism and more tolerant towards different form of discrimation...

We all are guillty sometimes of double-standard ...

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Sorry, didn't mean to single you out. I'm actually agreeing with you, only on a larger scale. Most of the people pictured in this thread strike me as easy targets. Fat, funny looking, weird, whatever -- do we really need a standing thread mocking such obvious targets? The thread has become a source of ongoing nastiness, and I'm surprised it remains sanctioned after we lost RJman to the sort of unfortunate behavior Internet anonymity affords.

I also agree with you Doc, they are easy targets. This was my first post on this thread as I can recall.
Admittedly I haven't read through all pages of it, because the use of the word 'creepy' in the thread title turned me off.
Probably one of the best uses of photos I have ever seen on SF was the 'Mr Sam' thread which was all done with both fun and brilliance on the part of Mr Sam.
That thread also primarily featured photos of members from WAYWRN.
Had this thread here been entitled 'Celebrating Sartorial Madness Run Amok', it would have set a better tone all around. Thank you for your kind response and for clarifying.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doxe
Umm...it was cgardel who posted the pic. I was the one saying there was nothing wrong with the guy. I'm pretty sure this is how it went because I checked 4 times just to be sure.
blush.gif

Doxe-
Thank you for correcting me. I didn't go far back enough in the thread and mis-understood who posted the photo initially. I will ammend my post immediately to prevent further mis-understanding. My mistake admitted, and humble apologies to you.
smile.gif

cgardel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doxe
WTF? Did you actually look at this guy, or did you just $hit on him 'cause he's big? Those pants are flat front, they fit his hips, there's no excess fabric in the crotch, and his belt is not loose. The tie is the right length, the shirt collar fits, and the collar is a decent proportion to his face. Is he big? Yes. Is he dressed poorly? No. I think he looks better than most of the bigger sized guys out there. His clothes fit him and they fit him well.
As a small goodwill gesture, I've removed the inline image from my original post and instead linked to the message on another forum containing that image for historical purposes. The inline image will still appear in the quotes above as I don't have control over that. I maintain that the person in the photo appears creepy in that particular photo. It's not due solely to a weight issue or some problem with the clothes but the total impression, including the hands in the pockets accentuating his pear shape and staring off to one side like a complete ******* creep. I also don't think khakis or other light-colored trousers look good, even if they fit perfectly, on someone of his girth. I don't think fat chicks look good in mini skirts either.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
It seems to me that this thread is attacking the people rather than the dress. Frankly I am glad the couple got married and were going on their honeymoon, and that these guys enjoy their hats. More power to them. Putting my pictures on the thread is OK because in posting my own pictures to this site makes me a fair target, but I don't think some of the other pictures are fair game and its not a good reflection of SF. I think its time to move it to the Dumb Thread category.

This point was made early on.

David Watts

Reaction score
^^^ add a burnbulb image and /thread (don't forget to credit someone other than yourself).

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by David Watts
^^^ add a burnbulb image and /thread (don't forget to credit someone other than yourself).

I would be okay if we confined quoted images to those with toilets, bidets, or urinals in them, like the two specimens above.

- B

David Watts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I would be okay if we confined quoted images to those with toilets, bidets, or urinals in them, like the two specimens above.

- B

Bidets have nothing on boudoirs.

Originally Posted by David Watts
I'm not sure which is worse, the dirty white moccasins juxtaposed against the dirty rug/dirty dishes and miscellaneous debris...

14mq2c5.jpg

...Or the spanky hanky perched perilously proximate to a child's bedsheets/FNB shirting material.

303eb6a.jpg

Originally Posted by Sartrolliast
Quoted for sheer brilliance.

Originally Posted by whnay.
I think this thread is creepier than most of the images.

eMacPaul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
He is gorgeous...Already plastified and ready to use...

Harry Potter got in a fight with Michael Jackson?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eMacPaul
Harry Potter got in a fight with Michael Jackson?

Or he prepared himself for a sleep over at the Neverland's ranch...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads