• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

houjitomasu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Does anyone know how the Epaulet shirt sizing compares with Brooks Brothers' extra-slim fit?

- Keith

KGMessier - I can tell you that I own both - I have an Epaulet club collar in a large, and a BB Extra Slim in 16.5/34-35 - and the fit is very very similar. The Epaulet has just a little less fabric on the sides though - it's a more tailored fit. If you need measurements, PM me and I'll take them when I get home.

the_state

Reaction score
Any chance you'll get those digi camo's in a 36?

Are there any good McNairy pieces lined up for summer or fall?

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by houjitomasu
KGMessier - I can tell you that I own both - I have an Epaulet club collar in a large, and a BB Extra Slim in 16.5/34-35 - and the fit is very very similar. The Epaulet has just a little less fabric on the sides though - it's a more tailored fit. If you need measurements, PM me and I'll take them when I get home.
Thanks for the info!

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is the stone cotton gabardine going to be a standard stock item in the Walt fit? I was torn between those and the special order tropical wool, but I can wait on the gab if you're going to keep it stocked.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Is the stone cotton gabardine going to be a standard stock item in the Walt fit? I was torn between those and the special order tropical wool, but I can wait on the gab if you're going to keep it stocked.

Yes, we actually bought a ton of that fabric. I'm going to generally stock it in the Walt and Rudy from now until late Fall.

Our available stock is good with Black Trop. Wool preorders, but I'm down to 2 units on Brown/Olive and 4 units on Pearl Grey.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Mike how close is the pattern of your digicam chinos to the McNairy ones? I really dug the MM when I first saw it but the pockets killed it for me, the digicam shorts he did with DQM are pretty sick though.

Also my purple flannel (possibly my favorite shirt I own) has piling all over probably from putting it in the dryer once is there anything I can do to get rid of it?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
Mike how close is the pattern of your digicam chinos to the McNairy ones? I really dug the MM when I first saw it but the pockets killed it for me, the digicam shorts he did with DQM are pretty sick though. Also my purple flannel (possibly my favorite shirt I own) has piling all over probably from putting it in the dryer once is there anything I can do to get rid of it?
Well, this wasn't intentional, but I'm pretty sure we're using the exact same Woodland digital pattern. It's a standard for the USMC, and I bought it from a mil-spec weaver. It's double-faced with desert digi on the inside, so the effect will be great when you roll up the cuff. The McNairy pant is all about the pockets, so if you don't dig them, then I think the Rivet Chino's will be perfect. They have the same fit as our basic colors, and the price will be $145. And sorry to hear about the flannel. I'm willing to bet that it just picked up a ton of lint from the dryer. You can fight it in three ways: 1. Lint Brush 2. Lint Roller 3. Pill Shaver All three of these should be available at somewhere like Target, or online. I'd try one and two first. A Pill Shaver is great to have regardless for sweaters - they're excellent for keeping cashmere and merino looking good.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
On that special order - I just replied to the confirmation email with the details ln size and cut. Is that the right address?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you going to be getting more of the Gabardine shorts in anytime?

laughter95

Reaction score
i'm size 31. should i buy size 30 and alter, or size 32 and alter? i also don't want a super tight fit.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
Are you going to be getting more of the Gabardine shorts in anytime?

Yes, I'm going to do a small reorder on those and the seersucker. PM me your size, so I make sure that we do up a unit for you.

Originally Posted by blynch
Would love to have the chinos in charcoal and/or gray. Fit is spot on for me, could use a few more pairs.

Awesome - thanks for picking them up! We'll seriously have about a dozen different variants for the Fall - including a few special editions and collabs. They'll absolutely be a charcoal grey one.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for the mil-spec Olive drab, we're getting that in about 2.5 weeks. Digi camo too!

Originally Posted by laughter95
i'm size 31. should i buy size 30 and alter, or size 32 and alter? i also don't want a super tight fit.

I would wait for the 31. We're restocking both Navy and B.Khaki, and we'll definitely have that size coming in. These fit very true, so I think that this is your best bet for a good fit.

rotv

Reaction score
What temp do I wash my spread collar shirt with? How much will it shrink?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics