• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official new iPhone 4

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the iPhone 5 will support LTE. If it does, then it's definitely worth it to hold off on buying the iPhone 4.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll probably get the new phone as I am moving into a new place and t-mobile has horrible coverage in my area. I've been waiting to see what Apple would come up with,not a fan of design but it looks decent.

airblaster503

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
I have been debating what phone to get for some time now. Despite my dislike of Apple, having used the 2G iphone for the last little while (without a data plan, relying only on wireless) I was actually considering getting the new iPhone if it had a 4" screen and could be jailbroken.

Now I am seriously considering the Evo 4G but I'm waiting to see more reviews of the battery life. So far I'm seeing a few reports that it sucks major balls and that would be a deal-breaker for me; even though, unlike the iPhone, I could change the battery (don't want to carry around a spare though).

It's out of stock pretty much everywhere but I'm thinking I may get it and give it a try. If it doesn't work out, may still consider the iPhone 4. Maybe...

Big plus to Spint is that it's ridiculously cheap. $60 unlimited everything. Well, $70 with the bullshit $10 4G "tax" on the Evo which applies even though most areas don't have 4G. I get 22% off through my hospital on top of that as well as no activation/upgrade fees.

I wouldn't worry to much about battery life on the Evo, that is things people say about every android device until they learn how to turn apps off that are constantly running. The apps that are sucking the most battery life are facebook feeds and stuff like that. I have a friend and once he turned off several apps that he doesn't use his Evo stayed charged for about 2 days.

Also if you aren't in the market for a phone right now you might want to wait til fall and see what comes out then. It is rumored that Verizon might come out with the HTC Scorpion with a 1.5 ghz processor. And since they are already testing their LTE networks in several markets around the country, it isn't to crazy that they could drop a device in the fall with 4g available in limited markets much like Sprint has done with the Evo.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I'm assuming its for personal use? Loads of people are now on the blackberry for pro/Iphone for leisure sorta usage...

Add me to that list. I don't really like the blackberry and it's an extra thing to carry around. It's annoying. They're way ahead of apple for corporate needs though.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
They're way ahead of apple for corporate needs though.

I keep hearing this, but I don't understand why.

Is it security? Is it applicability across different mail platforms?

I have an iPhone, it works seamlessly with our Exchange server, I can read and view .pdfs, excel spreadsheets, etc. It is a thing of beauty for me.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its nice, but from a 3GS I am not sure if the upgrade is worth it... If only because you are then locked in for 2 years and hopefully an LTE phone will be out next year.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
The prob with LTE is that it isn't truly 4G...

Care to expand on that? My understanding is that LTE and WiMax are your two choices for 4G, they are relatively similar - similar enough that Sprint could switch over at a relatively low cost from WiMax.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by akatsuki
Care to expand on that? My understanding is that LTE and WiMax are your two choices for 4G, they are relatively similar - similar enough that Sprint could switch over at a relatively low cost from WiMax.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3GPP_Long_Term_Evolution

LTE is a step toward the 4th generation (4G) of radio technologies designed to increase the capacity and speed of mobile telephone networks. Where the current generation of mobile telecommunication networks are collectively known as 3G (for "third generation"), LTE is marketed as 4G. Actually LTE is a 3.9G technology since it does not fully comply with the IMT Advanced 4G requirements.

blairh

Reaction score
My iPhone 4 thoughts.......

* While roughly equal in weight to the 3GS the slimmer profile is a huge plus.

* Keeping the screen size at 3.5" is disappointing. I expected at least a bump up to 3.7".

* FaceTime looks great but wouldn't you rather have the same experience on your laptop? Personally almost every time I could do a FaceTime chat with someone I'd rather be doing it over Skype on my Macbook Pro.

* Still only 16 & 32 GB options? Ugh.

* AT&T is being generous for a reason with regards to current 3G owners with contracts running out in 2010. They want to lock you up for two more years knowing that competition will be fierce moving forward. Plus my gut says next summer a new iPhone will be released with a bigger screen and (possibly) 4G access.

With that established I'm most likely getting the white 16 GB model in August once it's been out in the market for a month and any initial problems have been reported and addressed (a common issue with new Apple products). I really love my 3G iPhone and if I can sell it for a solid price and just pay a little more for a nicer model, I don't see the reason why not to do so. Also I went and checked out an EVO. Yeah, that screen size is awesome but the colors, contrast, and brightness were only decent IMO. Also I worry about the battery life, I don't think I'll like the Android OS as much, and I've heard a lot of bad things about Sprint both coverage and CS wise.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blairh
* Still only 16 & 32 GB options? Ugh.

+1 I really thought with the lowering of SSD memory prices the iPhone 4 would be available in 32 and 64 GB.

* Plus my gut says next summer a new iPhone will be released with a bigger screen and (possibly) 4G access.
Don't bet on it. When the 3GS was supposed to be released, it was supposed to have a forward facing camera and a lot more features than it actually came out with (since it was only an upgraded version of the 3G). Thus, any thing you might be expecting, wait for it to come out a generation after next summers release.

blairh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
+1 I really thought with the lowering of SSD memory prices the iPhone 4 would be available in 32 and 64 GB.

Don't bet on it. When the 3GS was supposed to be released, it was supposed to have a forward facing camera and a lot more features than it actually came out with (since it was only an upgraded version of the 3G). Thus, any thing you might be expecting, wait for it to come out a generation after next summers release.

Even a small upgrade to 24 & 40 GB would have been welcomed.

Well with 4G it really just depends on when it will be available on AT&T's network versus a hardware feature provided by Apple like a front facing camera.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm so psyched. my 1G EDGE iphone no longer gets reception at my house, and I need to ******* upgrade. Been waiting for this since they announced the 3GS, which IMO was a waste of an update

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will be picking it up as soon as my iPod Touch breaks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics