• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern Tailor.com review - my experience

dv_indian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seanpatrickb
Finally made the plunge and got one of their $29 shirts to see how my measurements work. I took a few different shirts that fit well in different spots and took measurements from each, so we will see how that turns out, expect some tweaking to be needed. My question is that I paid the $5 for the expedited production, just curious how much of a difference people have experienced that to make. I appologize if this has already been addressed, I admittedly did not do a very thorough search of the thread.

The extra payment for expedited production is unnecessary IMO. They ship quickly. Their total turn around time is about 2 weeks or less.

viator

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered a shirt made from fabric p134? It is the white fabric that is currently on sale. If so, what did you think of it?

brittain

Reaction score
for those that didnt get the email, modern tailor is now having a pretty big sale with almost 300 different fabrics on sale. definitely worth checking out.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good white shirt fabric?

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I checked out the fabrics before work this morning at 8:30.....now at 6:40, over 2/3 are sold out. I'm glad I got my choice fabric and had some credit/vouchers. Not a bad choice for $28.

Cross - No.: X304 looks excellent and I toyed with ordering it myself

vincerich

Reaction score
Maybe I'll look into this. MTM would have to fit at least as well as my usuals, at a fraction of the cost.

Weich77

Reaction score
You can staart with classic fabric White herring 140s/2, then P80 blue checks 100s/2 or P 22 Pink waves 100s/2, P1 Grey Blue aand white stripes 140s/2 they have too many nice fabrics....

viator

Reaction score
Here's a measurement question.

The profile I have used so far on ModernTailor has the measurements for dress shirts that I wear to work. For casual wear, is there a general rule of thumb for adjusting the measurements? For example, I would probably want the shirts to be shorter, in case I want to wear them (gasp) untucked. I think probably a bit looser/less fitted would be appropriate as well. Is it as simple as adding 1/4" to the chest, waist, hip, and scye measurements?

REguy

Reaction score
Just ordered my first MT shirt. This is my first foray into MTM, and I'm cautiously optimistic based on what I've seen and read here. I'll post pics of the results.

Frodo

Reaction score
Just received my first Modern Tailor shirt today and I'm really impressed. Up to now I was paying around $350 each for MTM (Gambert) but the quality of construction and detail on this shirt are superb. They got the shoulders a bit too wide, and it's an inch or so too short in the body, but this is easily put right.

The buttons are really nice thick MOP. I got fabric #T1, blue and orange check, which has a really silky feel.

The arm hole is perfection - absolutely in the right place, nice and high. You can set arm hole measurements on their template on the website, which led me to try Modern T instead of My T.

I'll put up some pics in a couple of days.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Frodo
Just received my first Modern Tailor shirt today and I'm really impressed. Up to now I was paying around $350 each for MTM (Gambert) but the quality of construction and detail on this shirt are superb. They got the shoulders a bit too wide, and it's an inch or so too short in the body, but this is easily put right.

The buttons are really nice thick MOP. I got fabric #T1, blue and orange check, which has a really silky feel.

The arm hole is perfection - absolutely in the right place, nice and high. You can set arm hole measurements on their template on the website, which led me to try Modern T instead of My T.

I'll put up some pics in a couple of days.

What's the yarn count on the T1?

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many shirts are you monkeys ordering? I see people whose order numbers much later than mine already getting their shirts and reviewing them (on their site).

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
How many shirts are you monkeys ordering? I see people whose order numbers much later than mine already getting their shirts and reviewing them (on their site).

Did you pay extra for the priority option? I usually do this, it's worth the extra $5 or whatever to get the shirt sooner. You can pay extra for faster shipping as well, which will speed it up even more.

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Did you pay extra for the priority option? I usually do this, it's worth the extra $5 or whatever to get the shirt sooner. You can pay extra for faster shipping as well, which will speed it up even more.

I have ordered a shirt on a Thursday and received it on a Monday. I've ordered many shirts with an order time nearly as fast as this. I don't think its worth the cost for priority and expedited shipping.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth

I think they're backed up from the sale. I normally get the shirts within 10 days of ordering (3 previous orders). But it's been 8 days and I finally just received shipping notification. I ordered 4 shirts. One of them had different measurements.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads