• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oleg
Used to see him running round Lake BG in the morning. Was tempted to push him in to see if the pr*ck can walk on water...

Feel free to give in to temptation
devil.gif
laugh.gif

that_80s_guy

Reaction score
FYI Perth folks:
"stocktake" sales are rampant in the city. Picked up some Ralph Lauren Polo chinos for $100 down from $250 at Myer. Country Road outlet also has some decent casual wear/knits/cardis, some on sale some not.

FashionFadz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by that_80s_guy
FYI Perth folks:
"stocktake" sales are rampant in the city. Picked up some Ralph Lauren Polo chinos for $100 down from $250 at Myer. Country Road outlet also has some decent casual wear/knits/cardis, some on sale some not.

Love the stocktake sales - although there seems to be a sale most weeks these days
laugh.gif

nich0las

Reaction score
Right enough. Really effing average. It's got worse in the six years I've been here - guessing it got downgraded in that time? Can't believe they didn't stick a Herringbone concession in there after the store closed. Canberra is utter mince for clothes, has to be said: Blades or Country Road, ferfuxake (I don't really consider Oxford a viable option as I can never find anything I like).

Canberra frustrates me to no end. There's rarely anything decent to buy, I can't even find a decent pair of jeans.
It's no wonder there's so many badly dressed guys here.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Referring back to the OP, I'm starting to see signs that Australian men are paying a bit more attention to how they dress.

I was on the 48 tram this morning, and saw a young guy in a really excellent 'fit.

Light brown glen plaid suit, crisp white shirt, green tie, green and white PS and brown saddle oxfords. Everything fitting to a T. Armed for the weather with a tightly rolled umbrella, he looked very sharp.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
Rubbish at RMW Spencer DFO. Took me ages to find the outlet in DFO. They only have a few pairs of suede craftsman in odd sizes for sale for $250.
frown.gif

I picked up a pair for $150 for casual wear and love them. There were plenty of other styles when I was there a week ago, so they must have been snapped up.

Originally Posted by California Dreamer
I was on the 48 tram this morning, and saw a young guy in a really excellent 'fit.

There are a few well dressed lads on the No. 48
bigstar[1].gif

__PG__

Reaction score
I call shenanigans. It's impossible that well dressed stylish men inhabit North Boring.

Aus_MD

Reaction score
Used to see him running round Lake BG in the morning. Was tempted to push him in to see if the pr*ck can walk on water...

I'd offer odds of 200 to 1 that you would come off the worse for it.

ricotta

Reaction score
mm.. i thought i'd try rocking the pocket square most of this week. i'm slowly getting used to the sight of it.

on another note, i am seeing quite a few more oxford captoes these days in Melbourne.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
I call shenanigans. It's impossible that well dressed stylish men inhabit North Boring.

Originally Posted by fxh
I often turn left out of Burke Road at the stop or right into Burke at nights.

I might run into you one day. So to speak.

eh I actually just catch it from Swanston and Collins to get to dreary Docklands...

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This seems to have gone by fairly unnoticed, but Yensen has now been re branded as MJ Bale, because Ganton already have a line of shirts called Jensen apparently.

New website is www.mjbale.com.au and apparently it will have an online store shortly. Looks the same as the Yensen websiteat this stag though and would explain why it wasn't working for that period. Going to Sydney tomorrow so might check what DJ's has in stock.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No C&Js on sale at Herringbone even though it's sale time. Quoted me AUD599 for the shoes.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
M.J BALE? what the ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads