• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtu2004

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

Finally got to wear it!

Junya (sleeves soon to be altered.)
BoO
KMW
CP

somehow a lot of what you wear make you look short. maybe wear something less slim?

gtu2004

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earnest Hemingway
What, too slim?

It was a fairly informal interview, for a scholarship for graduated high school seniors. I doubt any of the other candidates even bothered to wear ties.

That tie is way too slim and short. (stick with 2.75" width for a more serious interviews). also the pants are too skinny too, especially around the knees (they look like jeans from afar). it may cast a negative image on the interviewee wearing too casual. I would tone it down a little and be on a more conservative side especially when the interviewers can be older.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
needs better shoes, otherwise baller

Baller yes. Good outfit though? IDK. Looks like something my dad would wear. Not a BAD fit, but I can't imagine what dude paid for that

Suicmez

Reaction score
I really need a better camera
img3207.jpg

UO cardigan
Hanes tee
S2A jeans (actually dark indigo, not black)
CPs

This looks awkward with your proportions, I'd have opted for no tuck. Top half looks fine, but the bottom needs some work.

oneblood

Reaction score
Really though, scott doesn't look that great in most of what he wears. Junya isn't designing for him.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fluery
posting a fit

does this mean i can criticize others now?

i'm thinking i should do some slimmer jeans...hmm

That's what I was thinking, not a terrible fit, but slimmer and slightly lower rise jeans would make it even better

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I think it looks pretty good. it's definately not a look you should go out and buy a new blazer for, anyway

wtymb6.jpg

I don't know what happened here, I was taking a picture and I noticed ******* and balls were just hanging out

aside from socks, belt issues, you need to tell your tailor to make some button-down collars, or at least a collar which isn't stiff as ********* in this photo.

softer collar in a woven fabric would make this fit much better.

I really need a better camera
img3207.jpg

UO cardigan
Hanes tee
S2A jeans (actually dark indigo, not black)
CPs

sneaker tuck isn't working in this situation. everything else is nice.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Strictly speaking, this isn't streetwear - but I did wear it on the street, walking around to a bunch of interviews in nyc. I also feel like continuing the trend of actual posts, and have nothing else to contribute.

It's a 3-piece w/out the vest, probably could have gone for a fatter tie but felt good about blue.

Oh, and just to continue the glasses debate, I left my face un-blanked. Behold the might of walgreens eyewear!

RLBL
Allen Admonds

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese

Strictly speaking, this isn't streetwear - but I did wear it on the street, walking around to a bunch of interviews in nyc. I also feel like continuing the trend of actual posts, and have nothing else to contribute.

It's a 3-piece w/out the vest, probably could have gone for a fatter tie but felt good about blue.

Oh, and just to continue the glasses debate, I left my face un-blanked. Behold the might of walgreens eyewear!

RLBL
Allen Admonds

This suit looks pretty decent. The pants could be shortened a little but overall it looks like a good fit.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
JD, not bad, still not congruent IMO. Shirt would go very well with SS10 DVN stuff, it looks like one of the shirts from it as it is. Something to consider.
Yeah DVN stuff is up my alley of late, I find the women's stuff is much more print-oriented with the men's tending towards patterns (lot of plaid and houndstooth esp. in winter). It is appealing but silhouette isn't really my thing - bottoms are too full-cut and cropped for my taste, same goes for F/W10. I might try that at some point but it's not where I'm at atm. This kind of sums it up for me.
00430m.jpg
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
******* ironic. this is you:
How did you think someone who can't tell the difference was going to dress? Then again at least he posted a fit.
Originally Posted by Fluery
posting a fit i'm thinking i should do some slimmer jeans...hmm
You're thinking right, those don't fit you very well, and those CPs look really really good worn with jeans with a hem ~8" (at my size) or less. They've been my go-to sneak the last little while, very versatile for a patent leather shoe.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Those shoes are hot sex. Never thought I'd say that, but here I am.
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Yeah, those shoes look amazing dude, nice job
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
aeglus, I'm fapping to your new shoes here. good buy.
This is why it's good to have the same shoe size as a baller.
Originally Posted by gtu2004
somehow a lot of what you wear make you look short. maybe wear something less slim?
he is short dude, not his fault. Would be better with a tucked shirt though to at least bring some length back to his legs but he's not going for that aesthetic.
Originally Posted by Synthese
Strictly speaking, this isn't streetwear - but I did wear it on the street, walking around to a bunch of interviews in nyc. I also feel like continuing the trend of actual posts, and have nothing else to contribute. It's a 3-piece w/out the vest, probably could have gone for a fatter tie but felt good about blue. Oh, and just to continue the glasses debate, I left my face un-blanked. Behold the might of walgreens eyewear! RLBL Allen Admonds
looks decent, hope you did well on the interviews (get new sunglasses)

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix

sneaker tuck isn't working in this situation. everything else is nice.

Originally Posted by Suicmez
This looks awkward with your proportions, I'd have opted for no tuck. Top half looks fine, but the bottom needs some work.

Noted. I keep deluding myself that my legs are long enough for the sneaker tuck. Considering my proportions, are there any situations where it would work?

Originally Posted by gtu2004
That tie is way too slim and short. (stick with 2.75" width for a more serious interviews). also the pants are too skinny too, especially around the knees (they look like jeans from afar). it may cast a negative image on the interviewee wearing too casual. I would tone it down a little and be on a more conservative side especially when the interviewers can be older.

Point taken, but I dressed similarly to this at all my college interviews and lets just say they turned out pretty well
smile.gif
. In the future however, in more professional environments, I will try to be more conservative. Thanks for the advice.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Noted. I keep deluding myself that my legs are long enough for the sneaker tuck. Considering my proportions, are there any situations where it would work?

Yeah. Starve yourself for a few months. No hate, I can't really do it either (soccer thighs) - but there you go. A valiant attempt, though, and the right shoe for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads