• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SFII: Which char did you use?

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
I ******* love when cosplay nerdettes fully commit and wear the skanky thongs and **** with their outfits. So much win there.

At any rate, I was a Ryu kind of guy. He always struck me as having a fairly difficult learning curve, but could theoretically have been the best character in the game when mastered. I did not master him. My greatest enemy was the occasional unresponsive/sticky joystick, which was the bane of Ryu's special-move-dependent existence.

Chun Li sucks. I hated all the cheap-ass Chun Li players who'd bounce around and slap you with a thousand little jabs until you either lost, or got supremely frustrated, or both. ****.

Nah- when you first started playing people spammed the **** of hadokens with Ryu was the real bullshit.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 'guru' at my local arcade did the coolest **** with Ryu/Ken and some weird game glitches with Guile. So I played those characters.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
That was me.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Sakura was way more bitchmade in that regard heh

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
God with the Mk threak, this, and Mario Kart I am beginning to think all of you are like 18. For the last time, M Bison was not playable in SSF2.

SSF2 or SF2?

Better get your **** straight son
laugh.gif

True he wasn't playable in the original SF2 (only an NPC boss) as your title states, so that's my bad. My buddy had a later edition (Turbo?) that had Bison, which was the bulk of my Street Fighter playing.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
SSF2 or SF2?

Better get your **** straight son
laugh.gif

True he wasn't playable in the original SF2 (only an NPC boss) as your title states, so that's my bad. My buddy had a later edition (Turbo?) that had Bison, which was the bulk of my Street Fighter playing.

I was under the impression that SSF2 did not have M Bison as a PC? Only the Turbos or whatnot that came after...I could be wrong though.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that SSF2 did not have M Bison as a PC? Only the Turbos or whatnot that came after...I could be wrong though.

I believe the original SFII was the ONLY edition to not have Bison as a PC.

From Wiki
rolleyes.gif

"He was originally a non-playable character in the first edition of Street Fighter II, but became selectable from Champion Edition and onward, while maintaining his position as the final boss until Super Street Fighter II Turbo..."
I don't exactly recall, but I'd imagine you'd have to beat the game (Bison) in order to "unlock" Bison as a playable; generally how **** goes down in those games.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeah, Champion Edition introduced Bison, Vega, Balrog, and Sagat as PCs.

Balrog kinda sucked, but every once in awhile, I came across a wizard/master type at the arcade who could own some **** with him. Vega I never really got the hang of; he always seemed a lot more fun in theory than in praxis. Bison was a n00b's wet dream, but he kind of sucked against anyone halfway skilled. Sagat was the ****. Sort of like a more powerful Ryu/Ken with longer reach (a bit slower, though, which ultimately made Ryu a tiny bit better in most situations, IMO). But Sagat's flying knee attack was so much win.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cuz I'm feelin' early 90s 2nite. And pugnacious.
fight[1].gif

street_fighter_II_snes_1992_character_selection.jpg

Ryu for me. But I'm convinced you anglo-loving cockfagzz will push Guile and Kendoll to the top of the list.

This man was a fortress! 1 Air Slam, 1 Back Breaker from Mid Air, 1 Suplex + an insane uppercut and flash kick. Jumping into an attack on him is not advised.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
This man was a fortress! 1 Air Slam, 1 Back Breaker from Mid Air, 1 Suplex + an insane uppercut and flash kick. Jumping into an attack on him is not advised.
Found the Guile glitches: http://old.jasongordon.com/static/sf2/guile.html You could seriously piss someone off with these. And Ken > Ryu for the dragon punch and tumbling kick throw, imo.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Which character takes the most skill to play? The best SF player I ever saw in my life was at the college arcade. He used Zangief V-Ism in SFA3 exclusively and the guy was unbeatable.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Electrified-Blanka spam was also a pretty successful strat.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7

Why they never let you do the blanka roll and eleco-ball at the same time still surprises me.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Yeah, but it was pretty n00berific. There were a lot of ways to work around people who just sat there and spammed electricity / barrel roll in sequence. Hadouken spam, for example. The key to fighting an electro/spin spamming Blanka player is to force him to advance on you by using projectiles and other techniques that will mildly damage him even if he defends against them. This forces him to come out of his shell and go on the offensive, where he's out of his element. Incidentally, this was also the key to beating cheap-ass E. Honda players.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best games are against a good Zangief player who can pull the spinning pile driver at will. The game is not over until it is over. Apparently the light spinning pile driver was easiest to get off. I was also quite amazed at how much damage Zangief jabs can do.

Deluks917

Reaction score
I only really played super turbo but the best characters are probably dhalsim, balrog, ryu. In that order. Most people put claw before ryu but I think ryu is better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads