• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bodileys of Northampton -- Experiences?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My third C&J is on its way from Bodiley's. All 3 times I have dealt with Sarah Dudley. Very pleasant experience.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they are not "supposed" to, and they are doing you a favor, it seems like you'd not want to document their actions on a very public forum on the internet. Why don't you edit that out of your post. Seems like some information is better sent by PM.

Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
sent my order form 7.0 days ago

Lowndes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrZRM
If they are not "supposed" to, and they are doing you a favor, it seems like you'd not want to document their actions on a very public forum on the internet. Why don't you edit that out of your post. Seems like some information is better sent by PM.

+1

brandall10

Reaction score
FWIW, I ordered a pair of Lowndes from Pediwear early Jan. This was a factory order. Just got a shipping notice today. PLAL had them in stock but wasn't in any rush and elected to take the savings + peace of mind for returns instead.

hst

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am new to this forum, and am thinking of getting a pair of C&J from either PLAL or Bodileys. Could you guys comment on the price of shoes offered and experience of dealing with these 2 merchants?

It seems to me that PLAL is a little more competitive in pricing.

Much thanks.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hst
Hi guys

I am new to this forum, and am thinking of getting a pair of C&J from either PLAL or Bodileys. Could you guys comment on the price of shoes offered and experience of dealing with these 2 merchants?

It seems to me that PLAL is a little more competitive in pricing.

Much thanks.

Plal only sells CJs over-the-counter. Do a search for PLAL

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I orderd a pair of the C&J Hallams from them not too long ago and didn't have any problems. they didn't have my size at the time so I had to wait a couple of weeks, but once they shipped it was a smooth transaction. the only downside was that my C&J's didn't fit me because I was guessing my size and couldn't try a pair on. overall Bodileys is a solid company to order from

the_sartorialist

Reaction score
Just out of interest, is there a significant advantage purchasing from Bodileys rather than say, Pediwear or Plal? I thought Plal and Pediwear prices were always lower?

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by the_sartorialist
Just out of interest, is there a significant advantage purchasing from Bodileys rather than say, Pediwear or Plal? I thought Plal and Pediwear prices were always lower?

Sometimes Bodileys is cheaper, sometimes Pediwear is cheaper.

Just check both sites before ordering.

I have ordered 2 pairs of C&Js from Bodileys before. They took a month to get to me in California, but otherwise, perfect transaction.

myke

Sixth_Sense

Reaction score
I had a great experience with Bodiley's.

Received my C&J Lowndes within one week -- I live in NYC.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bodileys' customer service is, in my experience, nothing short of amazing. When you have a problem with an order, most companies seem to view it as an annoyance that should be dealt with using as little effort as possible. Sarah, who seems to handle most Bodileys' customer service, views a problem with an order as an opportunity to make Bodileys a better company. Here is an experience that I had with them.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=108456

I cannot recommend Bodileys and Sarah highly enough. This is kind of heresy on SF but even if Pediwear is slightly cheaper, it is well-worth dealing with Bodileys just for their service and helpful attitude.

Walter4

Reaction score
I have nothing but praise for Pediwear. Great prices, and excellent communications on a number of sales. Couldn't recommend them enough. I'm actually anxiously awaiting delivery on a few pairs of handgrades now which I was told will ship out tomorrow.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
2 questions :

For those in the USA, did you have to pay any import taxes when they came from Bodileys?

Also, are there every any sales/discount codes? Been eyeballing something in my cart for a bit now, waiting for a drop.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
2 questions : For those in the USA, did you have to pay any import taxes when they came from Bodileys? Also, are there every any sales/discount codes? Been eyeballing something in my cart for a bit now, waiting for a drop.
Bodileys ships by Royal Mail so you won't get hit with a "customs clearing fee." I have never had to pay any import duties when Bodileys has sent me shoes in the US, either. AFAIK, Bodileys never has coupons or discount codes. Once or twice a year I get an e-mail from them with markdowns on some shoes they are trying to clear out. They often have some nice shoes in this but usually in sizes that wouldn't fit me. But Bodileys has quite good prices anyway, especially with current GBP/USD exchange rates. Bodileys ex-VAT prices include shipping to the US, which is quite a savings. The point is that C&J prices from Bodileys are already in the SF-approved discount range. If it were me, I wouldn't wait as you could wait six months for a "sale" and not find what you wanted. It is no exageration to say that you can have Bodileys deliver C&J shoes to your door in the US for cheaper than you could buy them in London.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bounder
Bodileys ships by Royal Mail so you won't get hit with a "customs clearing fee." I have never had to pay any import duties when Bodileys has sent me shoes in the US, either.

AFAIK, Bodileys never has coupons or discount codes. Once or twice a year I get an e-mail from them with markdowns on some shoes they are trying to clear out. They often have some nice shoes in this but usually in sizes that wouldn't fit me.

But Bodileys has quite good prices anyway, especially with current GBP/USD exchange rates. Bodileys ex-VAT prices include shipping to the US, which is quite a savings. The point is that C&J prices from Bodileys are already in the SF-approved discount range. If it were me, I wouldn't wait as you could wait six months for a "sale" and not find what you wanted. It is no exageration to say that you can have Bodileys deliver C&J shoes to your door in the US for cheaper than you could buy them in London.

Exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks for your detailed reply.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads