• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
I highly doubt this will ever happen. The best bet is to work with one of the established sellers. If you do not ask for Whiskey, Cigar or Ravello I think most would work with you if you got 12 orders. But there are certain things that Alden will not do no matter who you are. I cannot remember if I have ever seen an Alden Long Wing boot for instance.

oh so here is my suggestion for the boot

ravello or cigar punched captoe no speed hooks double leather sole on the barrie last.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True, but I think the original guy wanted to save a couple bucks on the shoe prices. Any real Alden dealer would deserve to make that money on the shoes.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
oh so here is my suggestion for the boot

ravello or cigar punched captoe no speed hooks double leather sole on the barrie last.

I liker both of those. It will be hard to get those even working with a dealer.

Originally Posted by djh
True, but I think the original guy wanted to save a couple bucks on the shoe prices. Any real Alden dealer would deserve to make that money on the shoes.
He'll save a lot of money. Because it ain't gonna' happen!
laugh.gif

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
I'm meeting with the Alden rep next week to go over some new make-ups for Spring 2011 and I'm definitely open to suggestions!

(I'm going to try for some of the exotic shell colors but it probably won't happen)

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in for a Perf tip bal on the plaza last, or a cap toe monk on the plaza! Let me know!

slappy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by djh
Yes this is the idea. I know some people have a loyalty to certain shoe dealers, however I definitely do not. If I can order an Alden shoe at half price, then Im in. Ive actually done some leg work on this and it seems like Alden won't put up too much of a fuss for this. As ultimately if they sell to some big store or they sell to us, it's the same profit margin to them. Anyone who wants to respect a store please feel free to not join this. Personally I see this as just cutting out a middleman. Lets keep in mind this would take 6 months to do, plenty of shoes will be purchased in the interim. So we arent going to ruin the Alden market by a handful of people buying shoes and waiting 6 months for them. That all said someone is going to have to take lead on this if it's going to move anywhere.

mechanical pencil

Reaction score
jasonfoote303;3300485 said:
I'm meeting with the Alden rep next week to go over some new make-ups for Spring 2011 and I'm definitely open to suggestions!

Reeeeaaaalllly?!

Barrie lasted chukka, snuff suede, plantation crepe sole.

Barrie lasted chukka (or cap toe boot), mahogany calf, brown soft calf, or chromexel, commando sole w/natural edge.

Black calf cap toe blucher, Aberdeen last, single leather sole.

Will you let us know here if you do a pre-order? I take an E width and end up missing out on all these custom make-ups because of it...

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, if you're willing to do the work just to get your own pair of shoes for wholesale, I'm down.

I also don't have any "loyalty" to any stores, but was just saying that any store offering good products/service deserves to make the markup. Especially because they have so many other costs.

rick

Reaction score
I liker both of those. It will be hard to get those even working with a dealer.

He'll save a lot of money. Because it ain't gonna' happen!
laugh.gif

cigar or ravello might be hard how about scotch grain

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mechanical pencil

Barrie lasted chukka , chromexel, commando sole w/natural edge.

I like this a lot...

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
cigar or ravello might be hard how about scotch grain
HEH! I got a pair of Whiskey Longwings (Seconds) on the way and am on a pre-wait list for Ravello Cap Toe boot sans speed hooks. I think I am sitting this out.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappy
Yes this is the idea. I know some people have a loyalty to certain shoe dealers, however I definitely do not. If I can order an Alden shoe at half price, then Im in. Ive actually done some leg work on this and it seems like Alden won't put up too much of a fuss for this. As ultimately if they sell to some big store or they sell to us, it's the same profit margin to them. Anyone who wants to respect a store please feel free to not join this. Personally I see this as just cutting out a middleman. Lets keep in mind this would take 6 months to do, plenty of shoes will be purchased in the interim. So we arent going to ruin the Alden market by a handful of people buying shoes and waiting 6 months for them. That all said someone is going to have to take lead on this if it's going to move anywhere.
Have you done the footwork with Alden and how much will you save? I doubt if you cannot shell out retail for one pair of shoes that you are going to be able to lay down the down payment for 12 pairs..
smile.gif

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
HEH! I got a pair of Whiskey Longwings (Seconds) on the way and am on a pre-wait list for Ravello Cap Toe boot sans speed hooks. I think I am sitting this out.

Where from, if i may ask?

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^TheShoeMart - call them up and ask to be put on the second's list for Aldens in your size. A bunch of great deals right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads