• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SFII: Which char did you use?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ryu. Occasionally Chun Li.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ken. He was rockin' the long hair, just like I did for much of the 90s.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dhalsim. The strong kick and punch coupled with his drill jump attacks made him pretty much impossible to get close to.

I played SFA3 more than anything though, and for that it was Cammy V-ism for the win! Corner the opponent, engage V-ism, then spike kick him for 20 or so combo hits.

I wasn't good enough to use Sakura or Zangief w/ V-ism though.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No M Bison = poast fail
facepalm.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
No M Bison = poast fail
facepalm.gif

God with the Mk threak, this, and Mario Kart I am beginning to think all of you are like 18. For the last time, M Bison was not playable in SSF2.

Psyren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Really? I would put Ken ahead of Dudley in SSF4 by quite a distance. At the very least, Ken has many more defensive options.
Dudley's ducks give him advantages over fireball users and his machine gun blow travels the whole screen. He does good damage and takes less than most so Id put him higher than Ken tier wise but it all depends on the player. Are you on psn though?

mgoose

Reaction score
Ryu for sure, also on Turbo I'd used Bison. Blanka was kinda fun as well.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Ken. He was rockin' the long hair, just like I did for much of the 90s.

Ken and I had the same hair for a while- had to play as him to show some blonde solidarity. Outside of that, Vega or Chun Li (rawrrrrrrr gawd damn)

harunaannochunlicosplay.jpg

1462495678_1840099cbf.jpg

cosplay_gostosa_chun_li.jpg

chunli-10.jpg

chun.jpg

chun_li_skill_stop_jd.jpg

tehbry

Reaction score
Guile - all the way. After seeing my idol play him in the motion picture, I had no choice.
facepalm.gif

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I ******* love when cosplay nerdettes fully commit and wear the skanky thongs and **** with their outfits. So much win there.

At any rate, I was a Ryu kind of guy. He always struck me as having a fairly difficult learning curve, but could theoretically have been the best character in the game when mastered. I did not master him. My greatest enemy was the occasional unresponsive/sticky joystick, which was the bane of Ryu's special-move-dependent existence.

Chun Li sucks. I hated all the cheap-ass Chun Li players who'd bounce around and slap you with a thousand little jabs until you either lost, or got supremely frustrated, or both. ****.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Chun Li sucks. I hated all the cheap-ass Chun Li players who'd bounce around and slap you with a thousand little jabs until you either lost, or got supremely frustrated, or both. ****.
That was me.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads