• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you who wear them sockless, or with no-show socks, what to you do about ankle rubbing? I wore mine with loafer socks last weekend, and I thought the collar was going to draw blood.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
For those of you who wear them sockless, or with no-show socks, what to you do about ankle rubbing? I wore mine with loafer socks last weekend, and I thought the collar was going to draw blood.
Wow. Mine still have some breaking in yet, but I can't imagine going sockless or wearing ghost socks with them.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Man, what wimps. You guys are sullying the good name of us regular DB wearers.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
I couldn't believe this when I first read it, but I'm finding the same to be true. I'm somewhere between a 9E and a 9.5D in most shoes"”9.5D in Chucks"”and I had to exchange my size 9 Clarks for 8.5. I think an 8 might be a little too small for me, but I wouldn't be surprised if I tried them on and found they worked well. Crazy.

- Keith

If you can size down that much on DB's I would think your Chucks are probably too big
eh.gif

Jazzman19

Reaction score
Hey everyone new poster here but have followed for a while.
Anyways, since others might be following just wanted to post my experience with these boots. I pulled the trigger on some taupe DBS. It was a fiasco in a half because I didn't listen to people here about sizing. Ended up just buying local instead of paying amazon again for shipping.

Sized down a full size. I have never owned ankle boots before so i feel like I could size down another half size but that would make the sides much tighter. They look pretty on point with most my wardrobe that is casual in nature. The darker color compliments my lighter khakis and I think bucks the light boot trend that is abundant here in Maine. As always we are the last state in the union to hit on styles.

The store had a pair of black dbs for 39 bucks. I am trying to save for grad school but would you all pull the trigger at that price? I don't know if black buys you more versatility or elegance.

Regarding the sock controversy I don't find them to be too bad with some odor eaters when going without socks...wouldn't want to spend the day that way. They look pretty fly with some socks that coordinate with your outfit.

Thanks all for your time here...you learn a lot by reading.

Flight Bird

Reaction score
I have the Beeswax DBs and want to return them to their initial beauty and waxiness. What product should I use?

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flight Bird
I have the Beeswax DBs and want to return them to their initial beauty and waxiness. What product should I use?

Um, beeswax?

exhausted

Reaction score
My desert boots..
Picture1-3.png
They annoy me because one shoe is tighter than the other, seems like manufacturing mistake (?) One is tighter because the distance between the stitching of "x" is smaller than the other..
702988_FQXregular250x.jpg

thewallychamp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tizim
I asked this earlier in the thread to no avail
frown.gif
. I also searched all 32 pages here and all pages in the sufu Clarks thread, and it seems no one has talked about it either (which is surprising since it seems like it would be a common concern).

Anyway, how do you guys clean your beeswax DB?

THIS

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To clean beeswax DBs, take outside, drop in driveway, and wash with garden hose. Wipe exterior with rag. Stuff interior with paper towels. Leave somewhere to dry. Replace paper towels in a day if boots are not dry. Smear with the Obenauf's LP.

New Clarks 30% off with bing cashback at Endless.com. Something like $66 w/ free shipping.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by exhausted
My desert boots..

Picture1-3.png

They annoy me because one shoe is tighter than the other, seems like manufacturing mistake (?)

One is tighter because the distance between the stitching of "x" is smaller than the other..

702988_FQXregular250x.jpg

People are not symetrical. Your feet are not going to be exactly the same size. Your left is probably just a little wider than your right. You can adjust for this by buying 1/2 size larger and then wearing insoles, or the shoe will probably stretch with some wear to accommodate your foot size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads