• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

stylenoob718

Reaction score
anyone else have one of those 40% codes?
smile.gif

avexdevil

Reaction score
hey guys what do you reckon? the taupe waxed or the beeswax leather? taupe waxed
taupewaxy1.jpg
beeswax
4352.jpg

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Not much of a difference, considering the taupe looks like a beeswax that's been worn a dozen or so times.

Beeswax does not keep its dark color long.

ErnestoG.

Reaction score
not sure if this has been mentioned but the sizes on these boots run small. i would reccomend buying them at an actual store or at least trying some on first. i bought mine at a clarks store and had to get like 1 size smaller than my normal shoes

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ErnestoG.
The sizes on these boots run small. I had to get like 1 size smaller than my normal shoes.
These are contradictory sentences. I think what you're saying"”and I've read this elsewhere as well"”is that the desert boots run larger than their tagged size (by about half a size, according to most accounts). In other words, if you're normally a 9.5, you'd want to buy a 9 in the desert boot. - Keith

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
These are contradictory sentences. I think what you're saying"”and I've read this elsewhere as well"”is that the desert boots run larger than their tagged size (by about half a size, according to most accounts). In other words, if you're normally a 9.5, you'd want to buy a 9 in the desert boot.

- Keith

that;s true, i own 3 pairs. and that's pretty much true for all clarks i've had, wallies too. down 1/2 size

slappy

Reaction score
I size down half from dress shoes, one full size from sneakers. Great shoes but the crepe sole doesn't last as long as I'd like.

mintyfresh

Reaction score
Just got my first pair of Clarks. 1/2 size smaller in taupe.

I wasn't expecting the soles to be so hard...i just walked a few blocks around the neighborhood and my feet are killing me now.
musicboohoo[1].gif

what soles/inserts do you guys use to soften the walk?

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mintyfresh
Can't remember if it was on here or somewhere else, but someone mentioned putting gels in. That's what I'm going to do if they start hurting my feet. - Keith

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually size WAY down for Clarks desert boots. I wear a 9 1/2 shoe, and an 8 Clarks DB.

scribbles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unrefinery
I actually size WAY down for Clarks desert boots. I wear a 9 1/2 shoe, and an 8 Clarks DB.

Yea I'm the same. I rock a 14 pretty consistently in Nike and I wear a 12 in DB (actually even considering an 11 1/2 for my next pair)

bapelolol

Reaction score
How quickly do gum bottom soles wear compared to leather soles on concrete pavement?

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unrefinery
I couldn't believe this when I first read it, but I'm finding the same to be true. I'm somewhere between a 9E and a 9.5D in most shoes"”9.5D in Chucks"”and I had to exchange my size 9 Clarks for 8.5. I think an 8 might be a little too small for me, but I wouldn't be surprised if I tried them on and found they worked well. Crazy. - Keith

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mintyfresh
Just got my first pair of Clarks. 1/2 size smaller in taupe.

I wasn't expecting the soles to be so hard...i just walked a few blocks around the neighborhood and my feet are killing me now.
musicboohoo[1].gif

I use only The ****** gel insoles by Dr. Scholl. I'm definitely gellin' as I sneak up on my victims!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads