• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

S. Paul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist
I've been sleeping badly for months, always had trouble sleeping, but the last couple of weeks its been terrible.
I had an interview on Friday which could have gone better and a jiu jitsu grading this past weekend (my first) which should have been easy but I barely scraped a pass, and ended up pulling a load of muscles, I was just too damn tired. The past three days or so I have had a lingering headache and I have been mostly incoherent in conversation, tired but unable to sleep.

Tried Ambien (or equivalent) yet? I don't need it often but keep a stock for when I have trouble sleeping. Got it prescribed when I went through a tough patch a few years back, it was all the stress that prevented sleep.

SP

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by S. Paul
Tried Ambien (or equivalent) yet? I don't need it often but keep a stock for when I have trouble sleeping. Got it prescribed when I went through a tough patch a few years back, it was all the stress that prevented sleep.

SP

Never have, I don't know how easy those sort of things are to get hold of in the UK, doctors tend to be less willing to give out prescriptions for minor conditions here. That said if this goes on much longer I will be seeing a pro and trying to get something.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
I do. But I have to talk to her about--stuff--that's a good way of putting it. Last night was just a mixup we ended up having a great date. However there is just other stuff. I'm pretty sure the relationship is done and we've been together for a good while now. I've never been more upset and just absolutely depressed that a relationship isn't going to work out. It still could but at this point it is no longer on my end, if that makes sense. And the thing is, because the absolute last thing I want is for this relationship to end I know I'm going to avoid this conversation. Being a little ***** isn't helping things either.
Sounds rough. Hopefully, you cut your losses sooner rather than later. I'm sure it'll be better for everyone in the long run.

igiveafk1994

Reaction score
working with idiots piss me off!!
fight[1].gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by igiveafk1994
working with idiots piss me off!!
fight[1].gif

Welcome to life.

Bentley

Reaction score
Standing in line at the convenience store behind the guy who is buying lottery ticket after lottery ticket.

Checks each ticket after he buys it and anything he wins he uses to buy another lottery ticket until all his money is gone.

Why doesn't he just tear up the money and leave?

5 minutes of my life wasted standing behind this guy.

scribbles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bentley
Standing in line at the convenience store behind the guy who is buying lottery ticket after lottery ticket.

Checks each ticket after he buys it and anything he wins he uses to buy another lottery ticket until all his money is gone.

Why doesn't he just tear up the money and leave?

5 minutes of my life wasted standing behind this guy.

I dunno where you live, but in a lot of states, lottery profits help provide the funding necessary to support the scholarship programs for the public universities.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friends not using proper punctuation, then getting all passive agressive bitchy when I ask them wtf they meant.

Dude's making plans for Friday to do stuff... I say I am not really interested in doing Activity X or Z, but am down for activity Y. He says "I didn't say anything about activity X, activity Y, then activity Z", you'd think they meant there was nothing said about X, Y then Z.

But noooo, he meant he didn't say anything about X at all, and he only said something about doing activity Y followed by activity Z. He gets all pissy at me, when really Activity X was mentioned by another friend previously.

Apologies if that was overly convoluted, just annoyed.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crap, crap, crap! I just did an incredibly stupid thing. Accidentally sent an email to the exact person that I should not send the email to. I quickly reported it to my supervisors, who seem to be in shock; I think they didn't realize that I am an idiot until now. Crap!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Crap, crap, crap! I just did an incredibly stupid thing. Accidentally sent an email to the exact person that I should not send the email to. I quickly reported it to my supervisors, who seem to be in shock; I think they didn't realize that I am an idiot until now. Crap!

**** will be OK. Being proactive really is the best thing you can do. Found many (if not most) problems can be minimized or solved if you do something about it immediately.

Wish I could say things were better off than they were when I posted yesterday. I'm in complete limbo about many many things. I have a really good job opportunity lined up and called the guy yesterday to follow up and no response, our newsroom is depleted ATM with no real plans to hire anyone else soon, scared to be rejected (not sure why), plus nothing I've been upset about the last week has been resolved...

On the plus side, I think my health insurance application will be approved.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** will be OK. Being proactive really is the best thing you can do. Found many (if not most) problems can be minimized or solved if you do something about it immediately.

Wish I could say things were better off than they were when I posted yesterday. I'm in complete limbo about many many things. I have a really good job opportunity lined up and called the guy yesterday to follow up and no response, our newsroom is depleted ATM with no real plans to hire anyone else soon, scared to be rejected (not sure why), plus nothing I've been upset about the last week has been resolved...

On the plus side, I think my health insurance application will be approved.

Thanks, Edina. Yeah, I am probably over-reacting and fully admit that it would be funny as hell if it were one of my colleagues that did the same thing. Hopefully the damage won't be too bad.

Good luck with all the crap going on over there. Hope something goes your way soon.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Thanks, Edina. Yeah, I am probably over-reacting and fully admit that it would be funny as hell if it were one of my colleagues that did the same thing. Hopefully the damage won't be too bad.

Good luck with all the crap going on over there. Hope something goes your way soon.

good luck, it happens. I sent an email to somebody last year that was a thread, and at the bottom of the thread was an email from my boss to me agreeing that the receipient was being unreasonable and stubborn, probrably because he was loosing his edge.

actually, the result was that the recepient realized that I wasn't the only person who felt negative about him, and he worked really hard to improve.

hopefully you will have a positive result from this.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I do. But I have to talk to her about--stuff--that's a good way of putting it.

Last night was just a mixup we ended up having a great date. However there is just other stuff. I'm pretty sure the relationship is done and we've been together for a good while now.

I've never been more upset and just absolutely depressed that a relationship isn't going to work out. It still could but at this point it is no longer on my end, if that makes sense.

And the thing is, because the absolute last thing I want is for this relationship to end I know I'm going to avoid this conversation.

Being a little ***** isn't helping things either.

that, my good man, is why liquor was invented. go through it, grieve, and get over it soon.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried some sleeping pills my flatmate had last night in an effort to get a decent nights sleep. They made me feel quite dopey and drowsy but I didn't sleep at all, I think I might have had an allergic reaction to them as they made me feel awful. Either that or the use by date should be taken more seriously than I though. Spent most of the night lying on my back too dopey to read a book but unable to sleep. Gave up at four and played play station till morning.

I feel like I am doing the morning after of a big bender, only without any of the fun of actually having been on a bender. Which blows.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh my gawds I have a wicked cold. and i've given it to my wife who is meant to leave for a conference in a couple days. ****.

I "slept" in a chair in the living room last night in the hopes of being upright would reduce my chances of coughing. Didn't really work.

b

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads