• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

mylesmyles

Reaction score
6.2 miles in 43:18 this morning in Central Park on the bridle path - weather was quite pleasant.

Quevola - congrats on the PR at the Rock n roll Marathon this weekend.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night 2.33 miles in 18:40

This morning 3.5 miles in 28:43. It took at least a mile and a half before I felt my body loosen up and then by 2 miles my legs were shot.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
Hey running peeps - congrats to all of you guys for getting out there and pounding the pavement. Lord knows it's way easier to veg out in front of the tube.

Today: Nada

Sunday: San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon. Hot, humid, crowded, too much concrete, but had a blast. Managed to come in at 3:55, a 14 minute PR. I'll take this week off and then begin training for another marathon in October.

DAMN - good work on the marathon!

Just found out that the Houston Marathon is moving to a lottery system. No I'm not happy about that but it sounds as though Houston's joining the ranks of the big boys in terms of participation.

Today, 4 miles, 31 minutes. Still acclimating to the mid-70's humidity and working around some hectic weekend-work.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Regarding the Houston Marathon, shouldn't they start by eliminating some of the periphery events before going to a lottery system.

From their website: The Chevron Houston Marathon, Aramco Houston Half Marathon, EP5K and ABB Team Challenge will be held Sunday, January 30, 2011."

That's 4 events in one day. If there are too many people wouldn't the initial move be to eliminate the 5k and the relay, and maybe move the half to the day before or after the marathon.

I know for many of the small and mid size races out there, the half and relay help boost numbers which translates into bigger sponsors, but that doesn't seem to be an issue in Houston.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mylesmyles
Regarding the Houston Marathon, shouldn't they start by eliminating some of the periphery events before going to a lottery system. From their website: The Chevron Houston Marathon, Aramco Houston Half Marathon, EP5K and ABB Team Challenge will be held Sunday, January 30, 2011." That's 4 events in one day. If there are too many people wouldn't the initial move be to eliminate the 5k and the relay, and maybe move the half to the day before or after the marathon. I know for many of the small and mid size races out there, the half and relay help boost numbers which translates into bigger sponsors, but that doesn't seem to be an issue in Houston.
i ended up becoming friends with a woman who ran the brooklyn half marathon with me. she recently moved to Houston and was saying that the running culture is really great with a ton of races and big clubs. i guess it booming there to the point that they have to limit it. aside from serious fast runners the boom is the in recreational runner sector.

cez

Reaction score
5 on Saturday

4 on Sunday

nil on Monday

6 (today) Tuesday

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
Congrats on the marathon.. it created hell for my day traffic wise.

My run was slow and easy, still prepping for my race this weekend.

Thanks rj - sorry about the traffic hell. The worst part of the race was the 2 1/2 hour wait to get back to Qualcomm from Sea World
ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by mylesmyles
6.2 miles in 43:18 this morning in Central Park on the bridle path - weather was quite pleasant.

Quevola - congrats on the PR at the Rock n roll Marathon this weekend.

Thanks myles!

Originally Posted by Thomas
DAMN - good work on the marathon!

Just found out that the Houston Marathon is moving to a lottery system. No I'm not happy about that but it sounds as though Houston's joining the ranks of the big boys in terms of participation.

Today, 4 miles, 31 minutes. Still acclimating to the mid-70's humidity and working around some hectic weekend-work.

Thanks T - is Houston a particularly fast or flat course?

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8 yesterday, 4 in the morning and 4 at night. 8 today. Awesome lower and upper fire trails in Berkeley if anyone is familiar.

dbc

Reaction score
5k today in 25minutes.

Longest I've run in a long while. Made me happy
smile.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
(...)
Thanks T - is Houston a particularly fast or flat course?

iirc, Houston has a reputation for being fairly fast and no killer hills, but it depends on what you're used to. We covered a few overpasses on the way which weren't bad. Most of the elevations were gentle, but the rolling hills of Allen Parkway (miles 23-25) were soul-crushing to me.

Today: 4 miles, 31-odd minutes. Would have been nice had it not felt like running in a sauna.

eqpablon

Reaction score
4.5 miles, untimed group run
smile.gif

GSaavedra

Reaction score
9 miles today in about 90m (SF - Civic Center to the base of the Golden Gate Bridge and back). I'm still feeling under 100% after my run last Friday (13.5m - my longest ever), but I am feeling better a couple of hours afterward.

So far I've got 15m under the belt this week. I'll do a short run tomorrow night and hopefully tackle the 13.5 again on Friday or Saturday to round out the week at ~30m.

OldSchoolCharm

Reaction score
do any of you guys use inserts in the bottom of the shoe to absorb the energy of each step?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads