• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

894318418_fuEsT-XL.jpg
[/url]

- B

worship.gif

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
ld111134 - Im missing the Gershwin reference.....
confused.gif
?

You quoted the song "Summertime" ("...and the living is easy") composed by George Gershwin with lyrics by DuBose Hayward from the opera Porgy and Bess

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ld111134
You quoted the song "Summertime" ("...and the living is easy") composed by George Gershwin with lyrics by DuBose Hayward from the opera Porgy and Bess

Aha... you always pick up the most unusual bits about posts. I love that! Thanks for the explanation.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aha... you always pick up the most unusual bits about posts. I love that! Thanks for the explanation.

Thanks, Spoo...and you keep bringin' it with the stylin' fits.

OffTheRack

Reaction score
Hmm. Not some peoples taste, sure I can understand, but a train wreck? I think thats a little far flung. The shoes and PS may be extreme for some, but I dont think any of it was really out of context - the photos were taken in direct sunlight, yes. Also with an iPhone, not a Leica.
smile.gif
Here are some lowlight pics, but really - a train wreck?
f1a149c6.jpg

I do think that the correct white balance helps this look a lot--in the previous photo it was really hard to see that the shirt isn't so in your face, but a basic gingham. And my comment to Onix was just sarcasm because I thought it was obvious that you took your picture in direct sunlight--I wasn't trying to thrown any more criticism your way. But I'm still not feeling that shade of blue and the micro-texture with that shade of brown gingham with that shade of yellow square--just doesn't seem complimentary to me. All of the colors clash, and not in a good way to me, which makes it seem kind of forced/trying too hard. I also agree that the dark brown and dark blue of the suit is just a bit too much dark with dark. Different strokes for different folks.

harry2quinn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
DSC_6277.jpg

I like the textures and patterns here.
Originally Posted by niidawg3
i like the tie ... but not with the shirt.
+1
8ccab679.jpg

Awesome. Love the socks, the shoes, and even the tie (I'm usually put to sleep by repp, but strangely, not here). But the next one...
Summertime and the livin' is(nt) easy Tuesday :
f3438292.jpg

Aw, who am I kidding, I love this too.
Originally Posted by chrisb0109
Redtie.jpg

Great tie and look overall.
Originally Posted by Holdfast
jun07003.jpg

Love the tie and (serendipitous) flair. John Bartlett orphaned jacket, Thin Red Line tie, Incotex pants, Church/Cheaney slip-ons, custom silver knot cufflinks.
IMG_0204.jpg
IMG_0207.jpg
IMG_0209.jpg
IMG_0206.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ld111134
Thanks, Spoo...and you keep bringin' it with the stylin' fits.
fistbump.gif
Originally Posted by OffTheRack
I do think that the correct white balance helps this look a lot--in the previous photo it was really hard to see that the shirt isn't so in your face, but a basic gingham. And my comment to Onix was just sarcasm because I thought it was obvious that you took your picture in direct sunlight--I wasn't trying to thrown any more criticism your way. But I'm still not feeling that shade of blue and the micro-texture with that shade of brown gingham with that shade of yellow square--just doesn't seem complimentary to me. All of the colors clash, and not in a good way to me, which makes it seem kind of forced/trying too hard. I also agree that the dark brown and dark blue of the suit is just a bit too much dark with dark. Different strokes for different folks.
gary-coleman.jpg
Originally Posted by harry2quinn
Awesome. Love the socks, the shoes, and even the tie (I'm usually put to sleep by repp, but strangely, not here). But the next one... Aw, who am I kidding, I love this too.
Thanks Harry! ...and your tie is right up my alley. Just maybe a bit too long, or is that just the stance?

harry2quinn

Reaction score
Thanks Harry! ...and your tie is right up my alley. Just maybe a bit too long, or is that just the stance?
Well, partially because I've put on a little weight recently, so the pants are tight enough in the waist that they ride up higher than I'd like (making the tie look like it goes down farther down relative to the waistband). That said, the tie was probably a couple of inches too long anyway and I should have retied it to make it shorter, but it seems I must add laziness to fatassery on my list of sins. I haven't gotten the pants altered because I'm going to lose a few pounds this summer. No, really. In case you were considering it, I wouldn't recommend TRL ties despite the fact that they're just 10 pounds a pop. The silk pulls like crazy and the lining doesn't allow for a thin or clean knot.

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by king john
Jeans, a |T| and my flip flops. At least until I take my shower.

This is useless without pictures!

jgrr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
- the pants need hemming and i think the collar could be tighter.
- is that a one button suit?

Grrr, I was testing a new tailor, and clearly it was not an entirely successful experiment. Thanks to all for the tips.

Yes, it's a one-button.

Big Bird

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
I assumed that you referred to number 4? Rolex always does that, I guess it has something to do with readability.

No, I mean that the font looks narrower than it usually does.

Velponi

Reaction score
Not right now, but last Sunday at a wedding:
29xym34.jpg
2hfuoa9.jpg
To my shame, I don't own appropriate black shoes.

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Velponi
Not right now, but last Sunday at a wedding:

To my shame, I don't own appropriate black shoes.

The shoulders are great, details?

tshaw

Reaction score
29xym34.jpg

Dear Vel - what you wore looks fine to me. At least you went properly dressed vs. the guy behind you. Love the bubbles!! Deets??
smile.gif
Nice artwork!!

T

Velponi

Reaction score
The suit is RTW, handmade by La vera sartoria napoletana, with a spalla camicia as you can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics