• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many blazers should I own?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you only wear blazers and never suits:

Year round:

2 Navy 2.5 roll with brown horn buttons.

Spring/Summer

Navy Linen
Seersucker
Tan Linen
Patterned linen sportscoat

Fall/Winter

Brown/green heavy tweed
Navy Cashmere woolen
A variety of Patterned dark colored sportcoats in woolens.

Life if much easier if work with suits instead.

seanpatrickb

Reaction score
^ I think a camel hair is a staple. Pair this with dark chocolate brown pants and it is an awesome fall look.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seanpatrickb
^ I think a camel hair is a staple. Pair this with dark chocolate brown pants and it is an awesome fall look.

in a herringbone yes.

enarchay

Reaction score
Which blazers do you guys wear in hot weather, and extremely casual settings (e.g. college campuses, going to the movies, stuff like that)?

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enarchay
Which blazers do you guys wear in hot weather, and extremely casual settings (e.g. college campuses, going to the movies, stuff like that)?

Blue/white seersucker or unlined navy canvas. I should note that I'm "that guy in the seersucker jacket" even at casual events, but people seem to like it. (Generally, if you're the one with the beer, they will like anything.)

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0 is also an option that I believe hasn't been mentioned in this thread. Again, it's an option and should be treated as such.

tightandbright

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Frodo
Post pics of you wearing the blazers. Chances are they don't fit very well, truth be told. It's better to have two solid blazers that you've worked on with an alterations tailor to get them fitting as well as possible before you worry about adding more numbers.

A common mistake is to start buying before you understand what dressing is about. You wind up with items that you'll later hate and will get rid of. Buy slowly, one thing at a time, the best you can afford. Buy only what you really need for your lifestyle, not what you think you should have to "be a man" or any of that rot.

But first work on fit. As JLibourel said above, in 5 years, you'll have a different body than you do now. But for now, if you have two blazers, of any color, that actually fit you well, you'll be the rare 18 year old.

Uhh I'll try to post pics later.
Um maybe I should just wear other preppy clothes like v-neck sweaters and stuff. Anyways, I was wondering where I can buy clothes similar to Club Monaco, cause I like the clothes from there. Problem is... there isn't a lot of variety/colors so I need another store to go to.

Umm... here are some pics I took with my cellphone. You probably can't tell if it fits me or not cause the quality is super bad. I'll try and post better pics once I find my camera and get someone to take the pic for me. Those weird wrinkles and stuff in the second picture are there cause of my awkward pose to take a pic. It's not like that when I stand normally. I probably should've took a pic with the top button closed huh...

0608100033a.jpg

0608100033b.jpg

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can tell that it's ridiculously short and that the buttoning point is hovering somewhere up around your nipples.

Frodo

Reaction score
It's too short, which is what I feared. I thought (remembering my youth) you probably got them a year or two ago when you were shorter and are now just "discovering" them, hoping to make them work. You may find out that you in fact have no blazers at all, which ain't so bad, as you can start with a clean slate.

That said, you're young and slender, and can push the "tight and short" jacket look. But only so far.

Check out the "What Are You Wearing Right Now" section of SF to learn how guys dress that do it seriously. Spend a few weeks looking and learning before you reach for your wallet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads