• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappy
Well we could design a shoe wed all agree on, personally I want some variant of an Indy boot. Then you place the order with Alden, this part might get a bit complicated as they might require you to run a clothing business, but I could navigate that Im pretty confident. It takes about 6 months. Prices are much lower.

i might be down let me know what your thinking design wise.

Seafinch

Reaction score
Anyone down for a MTO thing? Wed need 12+ people in it.

I might be down for a variation of the indy boot (maybe a plain toe)... Keep me posted.

slappy

Reaction score
Well Im just throwin it out there. Has this been done before? People buy Aldens all the time on here and have been known to wait months for them. It would surprise me if such a gathering of the minds has never occurred. Unless Alden makes it difficult to order like this.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
perhaps if you could order my dream boot:

Plain Toe
Ravello
Speed lacing
Barrie last
Double leather soul

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what would you guys say the "range" of a cigar shell LHS is?

jeans?
khakis?
greay wool/flannel trousers?
shorts?
charcoal window pane trousers?

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone down for a MTO thing? Wed need 12+ people in it.

I'd love to do this, but not for any sort of Indy boot. Also, I'm not sure Alden would take an order for anything with: Whiskey, Cigar, or Ravelo. We should get confirmation from the company before people get too excited for any of these.

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Well we could design a shoe wed all agree on, personally I want some variant of an Indy boot. Then you place the order with Alden, this part might get a bit complicated as they might require you to run a clothing business, but I could navigate that Im pretty confident. It takes about 6 months. Prices are much lower.
I love the idea of another StyleForum shoe or boot. (Leathersoul did one of these in the past I believe) the waiting list for the exotic (whiskey, cigar, ravello) shell colors is possibly indefinite. any of the calf or shell in black or #8 can be done in the 6 month range. I think a wholesale account would be required as well.

velomane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by velomane
If you say whiskey or ravello shell chukka, I'm in.
bounce2.gif

Originally Posted by jhcam8
Get 'em at Shoemart.

Yes, but alas, not in a C width.

slappy

Reaction score
Yes I believe a wholesale account would be needed, but I think that could be had. One person would basically need to act as the seller and claim they are starting up an online shoe store or something. I believe the prices would be significantly reduced, basically multiply the retail cost by probably 1/2 - 2/3.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
what would you guys say the "range" of a cigar shell LHS is?

jeans?
khakis?
greay wool/flannel trousers?
shorts?
charcoal window pane trousers?

yes to all

Vaitek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vaitek
Yea, I'm definitely going to be getting a lot of use out of these. Anyone know the proper care for this type? I emailed leather soul and they are going to ask Alden. LS said they didn't think brushing would be good for them since they are oiled. I'll post back when I hear from them.

Originally Posted by Vaitek
491e8c60.jpg

Got the brown reverse oiled chamois Pitt boots from Leather Soul.
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by Leather Soul

Yes, I received a reply from Alden, and the following is the explanation.

"We recommend minimal care for this leather: letting mud dry, then brushing it off is just about the only regular maintenance this leather needs. As Chamois is an oiled leather, there may come a time when the leather seems to be drying out a bit. If that happens, rubbing a small amount of Neet's Foot Oil will restore the darker oiled color, and keep the boots feeling supple and flexible."

So looks like I won't be needing to do much except brushing off dried debris and oil rarely.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are nice. I'm thinking of dropping on them too.

Should have gotten the LS Safari Boot, damn

bbhewee

Reaction score
Well Im just throwin it out there. Has this been done before? People buy Aldens all the time on here and have been known to wait months for them. It would surprise me if such a gathering of the minds has never occurred. Unless Alden makes it difficult to order like this.

I would be down as well on sheer principle.

Thor

Reaction score
I would definitely be in for a plain toe boot in Cigar or Ravello...would be willing to wait quite a while. ...would also love long-wing boots in Cigar. Just sayin'
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics