• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor: In Favor

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been searching for years to find a quality MTM shirt program in the $100/shirt range that is convenient to DC. I've just received my first shirt from MyTailor/Hemrajani and I think I'm going to stick with them.

This is the "test" shirt - the first of an order of four. It was sent for my wear and evaluation so that any adjustments that may be needed can be incorporated into the remaining three shirts in the order. Wearing it for the second time today, I don't think I'll have anything changed on the rest of the order. They took accurate measurements and incorporated all of the detail requests I had. Very nice.

I'm also impressed with the apparent quality. Everything about the shirt indicates that it is well made. Shockingly well made for the $75 I paid. Nice fabric, sturdy single-needle seams, MoP buttons, split yoke, unlined collar and cuffs. I'm a fan.

I know Will from ASW uses Hemrajani; do others agree that they are one hell of a good deal?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone turn this into a thread about Jantzen? Thanks.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm about 2 months ahead of you with MyTailor. Got my first shirt toward the middle of April after a March measurement. I went and met with M Kenny after wearing and washing for another 3 weeks- probably 4 washes.

I had gone with the Thomas Mason Silverline fabrics, so they were more expensive. Also got a true split yoke, no interlinings, and the thicker MOP buttons for a slight upcharge.

I had a few minor tweaks, but the first measurement could have been considered spot on. I wanted an extra 1/2 inch in the chest, but nowhere else in the body and M Kenny, on his own reduced the armhole size 3/8 inch. The differences were hardly noticable on the three remaining shirts I received two weeks ago. Stellar work. I'm very pleased and plan to go with 9 shirts for the price of 8. Very good turnaround and lots of available fabrics.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
I think they make a great shirt and their customer service is excellent as well. My one issue is that they often take 12 weeks to make and send my shirt(s).

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been using them since 2007. It now pretty much constitutes my entire wardrobe. Today I'm wearing MyTailor shirt, trousers and jacket.

I would say that it's a "punch above their weight" value. I have some things from other tailors that are much higher quality, but also much higher price. I wish I could afford the better stuff, but sadly cannot on a regular basis. The MT stuff is pretty high quality for the price. I like it and will continue to buy from them. In my experience the service can be somewhat dependent on the person that services your area. If I were in the regions that Joe H. services I'd be much more excited about using them. In my view he is top notch. My experience with other has been more mixed.

Strawfut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman
I'm about 2 months ahead of you with MyTailor. Got my first shirt toward the middle of April after a March measurement. I went and met with M Kenny after wearing and washing for another 3 weeks- probably 4 washes.

M Kenny is a very nice guy. Easy to work with, and did a very good job of guiding a novice like myself through the buying process a couple of years ago. Glad to see him get a mention in this forum. Wearing one of his shirts right now. I know he works with MyTailor, but also advertises as M. Kenny's Fashions. Is he an actually part of MyTailor or does MyTailor contract with him to do the MyTailor measurements when he comes through DC?

Frodo

Reaction score
Deciding between My Tailor and Modern Tailor, I've gone with Modern because, with their measurement interface, you get to decide the size of the arm hole in the shirt and to me this is a big deal.

Is there some aspect of the measurement process (online, that is) that I'm missing with My Tailor, or do they naturally cut a nice high arm hole? Or did you get fitted in person? (I know I need to do this eventually, probably this year.) Modern definitely has a superior fabric selection online.

vncrz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Louche
I've been searching for years to find a quality MTM shirt program in the $100/shirt range that is convenient to DC. I've just received my first shirt from MyTailor/Hemrajani and I think I'm going to stick with them.

This is the "test" shirt - the first of an order of four. It was sent for my wear and evaluation so that any adjustments that may be needed can be incorporated into the remaining three shirts in the order. Wearing it for the second time today, I don't think I'll have anything changed on the rest of the order. They took accurate measurements and incorporated all of the detail requests I had. Very nice.

I'm also impressed with the apparent quality. Everything about the shirt indicates that it is well made. Shockingly well made for the $75 I paid. Nice fabric, sturdy single-needle seams, MoP buttons, split yoke, unlined collar and cuffs. I'm a fan.

I know Will from ASW uses Hemrajani; do others agree that they are one hell of a good deal?

Did you get measured by Alberto Khem on his recent visit to DC? I also just received my test shirt about a week ago, after getting measured a month ago at the Capitol Hilton. I pretty much agree with everything you say.

Originally Posted by Frodo
Deciding between My Tailor and Modern Tailor, I've gone with Modern because, with their measurement interface, you get to decide the size of the arm hole in the shirt and to me this is a big deal.

Is there some aspect of the measurement process (online, that is) that I'm missing with My Tailor, or do they naturally cut a nice high arm hole? Or did you get fitted in person? (I know I need to do this eventually, probably this year.) Modern definitely has a superior fabric selection online.

I brought one of my fav fitting shirts to the fitting session and the shirt I received had pretty much the same measurements for the armghole (high). If you can't specify the armhole measurements online, I'm sure you could email or call them and do so.

I have yet to see any pictures of a MyTailor suit or SC, if anyone has any please post! Based on my positive shirt experience, I might consider something in the future.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Strawfut
M Kenny is a very nice guy. Easy to work with, and did a very good job of guiding a novice like myself through the buying process a couple of years ago. Glad to see him get a mention in this forum. Wearing one of his shirts right now. I know he works with MyTailor, but also advertises as M. Kenny's Fashions. Is he an actually part of MyTailor or does MyTailor contract with him to do the MyTailor measurements when he comes through DC?

My Tailor sent me a brochure a week after I received my shirts. The front says Mytailor.com by Hemrajani Brothers, but inside it has M Kenny's name throughout. They may do this for all of their traveling tailors, I don't know. Both times I've dealt with M Kenny and based upon his success for me I will use him again when I go back to survey fabrics in the fall. The back of the brochure has M Kenny's upcoming schedule in my area.

Interestingly, after reading your message I searched and saw that he has his own website which has the same tour dates. I wonder how the price sharing works and whether I'm paying the same as everyone else. Regardless, he's done right by me in terms of measurement and also help with fabric selections.

Jaxson612

Reaction score
Had a fitting with N. Rusty in Philadelphia a few weeks ago and ordered four shirts. Looking forward to the results.

letmefly

Reaction score
Can anyone compare My tailor with Super Fashions / Senszio? I'm a customer of theirs since ten years or so are very happy with the results. Says they should have business in the US but not a single entry on this site as far as I can see (I'm based in Sweden myself btw).

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vncrz
Did you get measured by Alberto Khem on his recent visit to DC? I also just received my test shirt about a week ago, after getting measured a month ago at the Capitol Hilton. I pretty much agree with everything you say.

Yes, Mr. Khem was the guy I worked with.

cropknox

Reaction score
Deciding between My Tailor and Modern Tailor, I've gone with Modern because, with their measurement interface, you get to decide the size of the arm hole in the shirt and to me this is a big deal. Is there some aspect of the measurement process (online, that is) that I'm missing with My Tailor, or do they naturally cut a nice high arm hole? Or did you get fitted in person? (I know I need to do this eventually, probably this year.) Modern definitely has a superior fabric selection online.

Mytailor, AKA Hemrajani Bros. Ltd is really about the in-person consultation, not the online ordering process. Folks on this forum seem to mistakenly group Mytailor with other "online" tailors.

Comparing them to a business like modern tailors is about as applicable as comparing Hyundai to Lexus (they both make cars and they're both Asian).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mytailor, AKA Hemrajani Bros. Ltd is really about the in-person consultation, not the online ordering process.  Folks on this forum seem to mistakenly group Mytailor with other "online" tailors.

Comparing them to a business like modern tailors is about as applicable as comparing Hyundai to Lexus (they both make cars and they're both Asian).

Joe will actually be at the vendor Showcase on May 5 at the W San Francisco, so that would be a good chance to get yourself fitted for a suit and/or shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads