• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
xxl madras sold out, i am bummed. i was waiting on a sale of some other stuffs to go through, and shouldn't have! lesson learned.

dougie

Reaction score
Really excited for the chambray and chino Walts I picked up yesterday, and thanks as always for the kind service. What kind of fabric choices do you have planned for fall? I could definitely find a use for a pair of cords in this fit.

slappy

Reaction score
Got the grape gingham. Awesome fabric and fit. I really have no complaints.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Hey mike,

Any more Gingham planned in the future?

-Geoff

Absolutely. We have a short-sleeve delivery coming in about 3 weeks with Black, Navy, and Red.
I'm working on an early-August delivery of long sleeves as well. I'm a Gingham addict. It's hard to keep myself under control when laying this stuff out.

Oh, also we'll have a light blue Gingham in Irish linen coming online this week. It's a smooth operator.

Originally Posted by dougie
Really excited for the chambray and chino Walts I picked up yesterday, and thanks as always for the kind service. What kind of fabric choices do you have planned for fall? I could definitely find a use for a pair of cords in this fit.

Thank you sir!

We've got a psychotic amount of trousers coming for Fall. Really. The Walt & Rudy will be done in an assortment of cords, wools, patterns, and tweeds. The Rivet Chino will come in cords, heavyweight twills, washed colors, and patterned cottons. They'll be a ton of things to choose from. Epaulet trousers and chino's this Fall will be...

overthetopb.jpg

OVER THE TOP!!

Originally Posted by asdf
Any chance of getting some hoyt's in 36?

Yes sir, they're being cut right now. Things got pushed back for Chino production, but we should have them in about 2.5 - 3 weeks.

Originally Posted by slappy
Got the grape gingham. Awesome fabric and fit. I really have no complaints.

Thanks again! Really glad that you dig the shirt.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, We're going to try something new with our deadstock trouser production. I've got three bolts of gorgeous Italian tropical wool available - enough to make 12 pairs per color. I built a preorder section of our website where you can purchase the trousers without a specific size or fit. The idea is: 1. 12 units total can be purchased in each fabric. We'll have the preorder open until midnight, June 13th. 2. Interested customers can preorder the item in our shop. You'll purchase the item without any kind of sizing. After the payment goes through, please e-mail us your name and invoice number - along with what size (28, 30, 32, 33, 34, 36, 38) and fit (Walt, Rudy) that you want. 3. Once the preorder closes, we'll place the trouser order and cut the fabric exactly to match the preorders. They'll be delivered and ready to ship in about 3 weeks. 4. I'd like to avoid making these final sale. I know that it's tough to commit to a $185 item just off a 1000 pixel swatch of the fabric. However, if we end up taking a bunch of odd size returns which are hard to sell, then we won't be able to do that in the future. And size exchanges between customers will be mostly impossible as there won't be open stock. So for this run the usual SF 14-day refund policy will apply. But I respectfully ask that you be pretty sure that you want the trousers if you place a preorder. If you already own a Walt or a Rudy trouser, then you can expect these to fit the same. Let's see how it goes. We've got customers across a range of sizes and fits, so I think that this is a very fair way to give everyone a shot at these limited specialty fabrics. If it works, then we can do this for all kinds of fabrics - and make up a bunch of exclusive pieces just for the SF community. Onto the fabrics! If you click through to the shop items, you can see a larger image of the fabric bolt.
Pearl%20Grey.jpg
Pearl Grey Tropical Wool Preorder: $185
Brown%20Olive.jpg
Brown/Olive Tropical Wool Preorder: $185 It's hard to see the exact color, but it's an awesome old-school tone that's between Brown and Olive. It's very 60's.
black%20trop%20wool.jpg
Black Tropical Wool Preorder: $185

dougie

Reaction score
Do you have swatches of those fabrics in the shop? That brown's pretty tempting.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dougie
Do you have swatches of those fabrics in the shop? That brown's pretty tempting.

Ah, unfortunately no. But take it from me - it's really an ass-kicking color for a dress trouser. Although I hesitate to call things "Mad Men," this is pretty "Mad Men."

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's a nice idea - I think I'll have to get a pair of pearl grey.

dougie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Ah, unfortunately no. But take it from me - it's really an ass-kicking color for a dress trouser. Although I hesitate to call things "Mad Men," this is pretty "Mad Men."
Fine, dude. Fine. At some point maybe you can kick in some of my rent or something. I'll swing by today or tomorrow to pre-order. Semi-related question: any plans to stock Alden longwings (or LWs of comparable quality) in colors besides the #8 shell again? I'm particularly interested in the cigar, but I'm open to suggestion.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any other grey trousers planned in the next couple months?

pistolero

Reaction score
Just placed a preorder for all three flavors of the tropical wool trousers - they should arrive just in time for the worst of Texas summer. Can't wait!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads