• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wore this Saturday, ditched the coat by 2 pm as it got too damn humid to wear a coat.. Shirt is actually from J Crew, they've got some great madras this year:

rl14312173.jpg
rl24317686.jpg

rl44306181.jpg
rl34324267.jpg

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Hoping it stays somewhat sunny this afternoon!

jun06002.jpg

Plus a more "roboticised" pose in this new (second wearing since collection) linen jacket to flag up fit problems:

jun06005.jpg

The robot pose does reveal a few little niggles I hadn't previously spotted and aren't noticeable in day to day use. I think some of those niggles actually largely a natural function of the fabric rather than anything else, but I think next time I'll ask if the shoulders should be widened a fraction and perhaps the collar raised a touch at the back too. There's also an odd tiny little "dent" near my right shoulder visible in the "robot" photos but try as I might I just can't see what's causing it. It not there when on the hanger or even up close, so I think it's a quirk of my body that the linen fabric and slightly lighter construction shows up in a way darker fabrics and more structured garments don't. It's not noticeable in regular wear so I'm not bothered. But I'll be sure to keep an eye out for this in future orders.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that those wrinkles are from being seated and leaning your elbows on a table. Happen to me alot and can be mistaken for divots.

If anything I think those shoulders are slightly large. I find on my unstructured jackets that the measurement across the back needs to be .5" smaller then structured jackets.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Wore this Saturday, ditched the coat by 2 pm as it got too damn humid to wear a coat.. Shirt is actually from J Crew, they've got some great madras this year:

Stylin' gnatty. Who makes the jacket?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
IMO, this is the finest post of the week. Clean, classic. fun.

Originally Posted by MrDaniels
This would be a worthy American entry to the 2012 Men's Businesswear Olympics. Perfection.

Wow, thanks you guys.. I actually thought it was kind of meh, and wasn't even going to post, but then reconsidered since I haven't had much time to post fits these past weeks..

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Last man standing @ 0630 with a souvenir from the karaoke bar..
100604-05Fri-SatShenanigans-10.jpg

Awesome pics, and wonderful coat, I love it. Those frames are also perfect for you.. Looks like you guys had a good time..

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_8185.jpg

Love this fit Rob, one of your best.. Trousers are a great color, don't see that color much in the wild. Love the shoes also. Good luck with the sinus infections, nothing worse then battling one of those with the warm weather coming on..

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Gnatty, just need to give you some love for those lapels.

My lapels appreciate your love Pio, thanks dood..

Originally Posted by Parker
Stylin' gnatty. Who makes the jacket?

Thanks Parker, Polo RL

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisb0109

ContactSheet-001-2-1.jpg

I like this 2nd tie more than the 1st (light colored, print) in you post. Neat shoes. I have a pair of Ferragamo that are similar.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
I like this 2nd tie more than the 1st (light colored, print) in you post. Neat shoes. I have a pair of Ferragamo that are similar.

Yes, I think I prefer the dark tie also.

tshaw

Reaction score
Dear Spoo,

Floors are WIN.
smile.gif

As a part of my 'custodianship' of my 1827 townhouse, and having laid the hardwood floors myself in the living, dining rooms, hallway and kitchen on the first floor, I fully appreciate the craftsmanship that went into that pattern. In fact, I'm even jealous. I just laid two walnut ribbons around the floors that match where the walls are in every room.

T
smile.gif

richard_to

Reaction score
Go easy on me guys: - I didn't have access to a decent camera, so sorry about the poor quality picture - It's my first WAYWRN post
MuMhL.jpg
Navy BB hopsack blazer White with soft blue and purple check BD Blue silk/cashmere sweater vest Navy Churchill tie Dark jeans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads