• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are pissing you off- Food & Drink Edition

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I spent about 90 minutes first thing this morning cutting habaneros for various preparations.
My hands were double-gloved.
Didn't do a damn thing.
I wash my hands on average 30 times a day in an average shift. I've washed them about 50 times today, and it won't stop burning.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I spent about 90 minutes first thing this morning dry-rubbing my deli meat for various preparations.
Didn't do a damn thing.
I wash my hands on average 30 times a day in an average shift. I've washed them about 50 times today, and it won't stop burning.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

uhoh.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Soak them in milk, K.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
This both amused yet somehow ticked me off. So last night, great food, nice wine, great setting. It was a vintner's dinner. Two bubble headed girls/women obviously tipsy by the time first course arrives. Typically vapid, convinced everyone is watching them. Chef stops by our table to chat with me. After several minutes, they call to him across the dining room, to come over so they can ask a question. In a loud, shrill voice, "We were just wondering what this fish is?" She was holding up, in her fingers, one of the perfectly seared scallops that Chef had just talked about to the entire room.
facepalm.gif

How were their boobies?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
How were their boobies?

As far as I could tell, they looked like scallops.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spent about 90 minutes first thing this morning cutting habaneros for various preparations.
Didn't do a damn thing.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

I cut up habaneros this past Sunday. Wasn't thinking and accidentally rubbed my nose vigorously because got some random dust in it. **** burned like a motherfucker for hours and Monday my hands burned for a good six hours.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is much more offensive than not knowing about food.
Scallops >>>> Flounder

tdangio

Reaction score
People who argue that a fillet is the best cut of beef. I counter that, no, the ribeye is superior as it has much more flavor and is just as tender. They come back with, the ribeye is just a bunch of fat, so you're wasting a lot of money on fat. Yes the ribeye is marbled, the fat is where the flavor is. Well, the fillet must be the best cut, because it's the most expensive. Logic fail
facepalm.gif

After the argument we get to lunch at a seafood place and the guy orders a fillet medium-well.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tdangio
Blah blah................. Well, the fillet must be the best cut, because it's the most expensive. Logic fail
facepalm.gif

After the argument we get to lunch at a seafood place and the guy orders a fillet medium-well.

Just to tie this whole thread back to Style,

how is this argument different from the clothing argument, highly regarded and held dear here, that the likes of Kiton are "BEST"?

Milpool

Reaction score
Didn't do a damn thing.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

What kind of gloves? Nitrile would be my first choice.

tdangio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Just to tie this whole thread back to Style,

how is this argument different from the clothing argument, highly regarded and held dear here, that the likes of Kiton are "BEST"?

It's not, and I think it's safe to say that pretty much any argument of "X is the best because it's the most expensive" is a fundamental failure in logic.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spent about 90 minutes first thing this morning cutting habaneros for various preparations. My hands were double-gloved. Didn't do a damn thing. I wash my hands on average 30 times a day in an average shift. I've washed them about 50 times today, and it won't stop burning.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

No wonder Lish is playing hard to get!

OldSchoolCharm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
I cut up habaneros this past Sunday. Wasn't thinking and accidentally rubbed my nose vigorously because got some random dust in it. **** burned like a motherfucker for hours and Monday my hands burned for a good six hours.

only way to get rid of the burn is to eat the pepper. by the time that stops burning so will the other spots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads