• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alfred Sargent Handgrade - Pictures

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Perhaps a pair of Chelsea boots in that color on my new last...hmmm...

not perhaps. do it. chelseas are underrated here...
cheers.gif

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ They're at least underrated in my closet as I only have 1 pair as of now. I plan on getting 1 or 2 from AS. This Autumn Brown seems like the perfect shade of not too dark and not too light. Great for most any type of wear from slacks to jeans.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ They're at least underrated in my closet as I only have 1 pair as of now. I plan on getting 1 or 2 from AS. This Autumn Brown seems like the perfect shade of not too dark and not too light. Great for most any type of wear from slacks to jeans.

...don't forget to save some pennies for paprika
laugh.gif

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh! Paprika costs pennies these days? I'm in! :^)

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh! Paprika costs pennies these days? I'm in! :^)

let's put it in greg's words: we'll hug it out... ...and we are not in a hurry.

now enjoy your AS experience.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fox81
you wish

450 British pounds = 656.41500 U.S. dollars at the current exchange rate. But i think that was the intro offer when Chay was here showing AS Shoes off at the NY Trunk Show.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by badsha
450 British pounds = 656.41500 U.S. dollars at the current exchange rate. But i think that was the intro offer when Chay was here showing AS Shoes off at the NY Trunk Show.

I think those who got in on that offer got a great deal. Slewfoot, will you be getting lasted trees if that last works out for you?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I thought about lasted shoe trees, but I doubt I'll do it. At least not for now. First I'll see if a Woodlore model fits them well enough. I suspect something will. I'm not thinking extravagance with this last. It's more practicality and comfort with a sharp look.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look forward to seeing the 1st pair you get made with that last.

Back to AS: Groover and Chay's pics are great, as is the AS blog, but when will we get to peep the complete new lineup and available options?
censored.gif

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I thought about lasted shoe trees, but I doubt I'll do it. At least not for now. First I'll see if a Woodlore model fits them well enough. I suspect something will. I'm not thinking extravagance with this last. It's more practicality and comfort with a sharp look.

D-

I'm thinking the whole lasted shoe tree is a little overblown. That said, I have a pair of U last trees that get 24 hours in whatever shoe I take off in the evening - and they make every shoe look bettter.

-J

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Funny you say that as I use my U last trees to stretch and form some of my other shoes and it works like a charm.

Moral of the story is, the U last rocks.

Alfred Sargent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Look forward to seeing the 1st pair you get made with that last.

Back to AS: Groover and Chay's pics are great, as is the AS blog, but when will we get to peep the complete new lineup and available options?
censored.gif

Thanks Wes, we are trying to get the new site up within a couple of weeks with all the details of both new ranges, AS Handgrade and AS Exclusive. Along with new Premier and Country pictures a bit clearer than on the current site.

Best, Chay.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alfred Sargent
Thanks Wes, we are trying to get the new site up within a couple of weeks with all the details of both new ranges, AS Handgrade and AS Exclusive. Along with new Premier and Country pictures a bit clearer than on the current site.

Best, Chay.

Any idea where I can see AS Handgrade in person in London?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The AS factory? You may want to send Chay Cooper a message. He's more than accommodating.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads