• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aaronxxx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
Am I the only one who finds it odd that RRL won't be in RL outlets, but it will be in various TJ Maxx and Marshalls? Seems strange for such a controlled, premium band to get offloaded to clearance centers like that in favor of the branded environment of the outlets.

maybe it makes it too easy to find? people can just wait until the new season rolls out and scout the outlets. shipping them to random national clearance racks makes it more obscure.

rbspub15

Reaction score
Hello. I am new to this thread, and it is great! I am not a RRL nerd, but I buy a ton of stuff.

The thread has given rise to a question, I see references to $250 RRL jeans, but I have never paid less than $375 (usually $400 or $425), I get my stuff from different RL stores and a couple of jeans came from the RRL in Georgetown two years ago.

Any clue as to what one gets in the price difference? Are the $250 jeans selvedge and well-made? My $400 pairs are not "special" either (no oil, beading, patches, etc.). Have I been a fool in this?

Thanks!

rbspub15

Reaction score
One another note, my Black Label selvedge jeans are also made in the US ($450). Are they made in the same factory, and is the denim Japanese?

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol at $400 RRL jeans....

why would anyone spend that when there are so many superior options in that category.

rbspub15

Reaction score
Well, I bought them because I liked them. I buy a ton from RL since I know the fit is going to be great on my body and I cannot stand trying on clothes or shoes. The service is incredible, too.

BlueEggs

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I would say RRL is not easy to find and that it is still pretty exclusive. To my knowledge RRL can be purchased at only at select Ralph Lauren stores, the few RRL signature stores, and Barney's New York. Sometimes it pops up at TJ Maxx or Marshalls. Other than ebay or this site you can't buy it through third party stores (except Farinelli) and Ralph Lauren doesn't do any advertising for RRL or sell it on its own website. It's more exclusive than more expensive clothing lines and thats the way they intend to keep it because it keeps people like us interested.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlueEggs
Other than ebay or this site you can't buy it through third party stores (except Farinelli)

false. it's out there but it's hard to find since they're not supposed to sell it online...not sure how farinelli's can do it. we have a shop here in town that carries RRL.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they dont really...do it in a weird way 2 maintain plausible deniability or somethin

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never really understood RRL's business model. Make it super hard to get and very expensive so that a relatively small number of people can buy it for super cheap and try to resell it on Ebay close to retail. Or, just dump it at Marshall's.

That said, I just got my new natural selvage slim fits in 32W from GILT and they fit soooooo much better than my 33W pair. They're a little snug in the waist and butt, which means they will stretch out to perfect.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I've never really understood RRL's business model. Make it super hard to get and very expensive so that a relatively small number of people can buy it for super cheap and try to resell it on Ebay close to retail. Or, just dump it at Marshall's.

That said, I just got my new natural selvage slim fits in 32W from GILT and they fit soooooo much better than my 33W pair. They're a little snug in the waist and butt, which means they will stretch out to perfect.

The business model is bizarre; but the jeans are awesome.

So your Gilt jeans turned out to be slim fits? Thought they were straight legs? Not too tight in the legs if they are slim fits?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bah. I meant straight legs, not slim fits. They're like night and day over the 33W pair I had, and seem more like two sizes smaller. I'll post up fit pics this weekend.

Danda74

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BKBroiler
I was just there two weeks ago and they had at least five pairs of green corduroys, three pairs of jeans, five pairs of khaki colored shorts, and a few t-shirts.

ahh i must have missed it. what section of the store were they in? how were the prices??

BKBroiler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Danda74
ahh i must have missed it. what section of the store were they in? how were the prices??

In the middle of the men's section on one of three clearance racks. Prices were okay, but I've seen better prices there before (henleys and thermals were $20 one time last year). Shorts and corduroys were like $40-55. The few t-shirts were around $20 but were XL's and XXL's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics