• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the s/s shirts only run up to xl? Or are there generally xxl and they are just sold out? Please let me know!

laughter95

Reaction score
What.... none of your new shirts are in XS. Did they actually get bought up already?

TopHatCat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95
What.... none of your new shirts are in XS. Did they actually get bought up already?

Most likely, XS tends to go within hours for really popular shirts and within days for slightly less popular shirts. Being an XS myself, I've learned to buy as soon as I see it posted or forget about owning it.

On that note, I just received the XS Salt + Pepper Club Collar Oxford. Again, these are the best fitting shirts in my wardrobe. The taper on the waist really sets these apart from other "slim-fit" shirts. The fabric has a great visual texture. Should be a great F/W alternative to the standard white shirt.

Any plans to on getting more of this particular Japanese Oxford cloth? I'd love to see button-downs in other colors.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey Mike - are you going to make any more colors of tropical wool Walts? Maybe a light or mid gray?

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just put my order in on a few of those spread collars. Amazing how this forum changes one's sartorial sensibilities. I'm contemplating 700 dollar shoes and buying shirts from a small store on the other side of the country.

Love it.

Thanks mike!

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass
biggrin.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Wow! That's OK, I'm a medium. I was just thinking if the smalls went that quickly, the mediums will likely disappear soon as well.

Ooooo. Do you have a fabric snippet you can show off as a sneak peek, Mike?

- Keith

Yes, I'll dig that out and try to scan it later. And we've got good stock on Mediums, so they'll be around for a bit. We didn't make too many Smalls, and I had a few in-store customers buy 2 and 3 of them at a time.

Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis
Do the s/s shirts only run up to xl? Or are there generally xxl and they are just sold out? Please let me know!

We produce them up to XXL, but we're just sold out at the moment. The new Ginghams coming in a few weeks will all have XXL units.

Originally Posted by laughter95

Actually, we didn't produce these Spread Collar shirts in XS for this run. Previously, our dress shirts only really sold in the store, and the vast majority of our XS customers are online.

But we've sold something like 20 units of dress shirts through the website in the past 24 hours, so we'll absolutely commit to doing more production. You can definitely expect that we'll do XS through XXL for all future deliveries.

Originally Posted by TopHatCat
On that note, I just received the XS Salt + Pepper Club Collar Oxford. Again, these are the best fitting shirts in my wardrobe. The taper on the waist really sets these apart from other "slim-fit" shirts. The fabric has a great visual texture. Should be a great F/W alternative to the standard white shirt.

Any plans to on getting more of this particular Japanese Oxford cloth? I'd love to see button-downs in other colors.

Thanks - really glad that you like it! And yes, we'll definitely do more oxfords for Fall with both buttondown and Club collars. I love that fabric.

Originally Posted by Baron
Hey Mike - are you going to make any more colors of tropical wool Walts? Maybe a light or mid gray?

Yes, we're going to offer the tropical wool pants in black, pearl grey, and brown-olive.

Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Just put my order in on a few of those spread collars. Amazing how this forum changes one's sartorial sensibilities. I'm contemplating 700 dollar shoes and buying shirts from a small store on the other side of the country.

Love it.

Thanks mike!

Thanks Geoff! Good call on the Vass shoes too - those are absolutely stunning. I lived in Vienna for two years and I used to salivate over them constantly. You'll love them.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Actually, we didn't produce these Spread Collar shirts in XS for this run. Previously, our dress shirts only really sold in the store, and the vast majority of our XS customers are online.

ffffuuuu.gif

You can definitely expect that we'll do XS through XXL for all future deliveries.

Oh, well alright then.

acw816

Reaction score
any chance of restock of 29s for the navy rivet chinos? or would i be better off sizing up to 30 or down to 28?

slappy

Reaction score
Received a pair of the madras shorts. I like the fabric a lot, the colors are nice but not overly bright like on a shirt. I like bright colors on a shirt but for shorts I wanted something muted, and these fit the bill. The fit is also better than any other shorts I own, but I feel like maybe they could be a bit slimmer, particularly with the drape from the ass to the thigh. Ha maybe not, what do I know.

I should be getting the grape gingham shirt in tomorrow or so, Im looking forward to that as I think it's going to quickly become my favorite shirt.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acw816
any chance of restock of 29s for the navy rivet chinos? or would i be better off sizing up to 30 or down to 28?

Yes, we will restock navy, but it's probably going to be at least 6 weeks. If you want to pick up a pair now, I'd recommend the 30's - especially for the warm weather. We can absolutely take them back if you find them too big.

Originally Posted by slappy
Received a pair of the madras shorts. I like the fabric a lot, the colors are nice but not overly bright like on a shirt. I like bright colors on a shirt but for shorts I wanted something muted, and these fit the bill. The fit is also better than any other shorts I own, but I feel like maybe they could be a bit slimmer, particularly with the drape from the ass to the thigh. Ha maybe not, what do I know.

I should be getting the grape gingham shirt in tomorrow or so, Im looking forward to that as I think it's going to quickly become my favorite shirt.

Thanks, glad that you dig the shorts! With the split waistband, it's pretty easy to get them tailored if you want a tighter fit in the seat. I love that Madras fabric.

Let us know what you think of the Grape Gingham!

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let us know what you think of the Grape Gingham!
I'm wearing my grape gingham today, and it's excellent. Its light weight is perfect for the warmer months. The fit is spot-on. Looking forward to the navy pindot. - Keith

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Y

Yes, we're going to offer the tropical wool pants in black, pearl grey, and brown-olive.

Good news. I'll keep my eye out for the pearl gray. I had considered ordering from Panta or Howard Yount, but the fit on the Walt is so perfect for me I don't really want to take a chance on something else. The higher rise is crucial.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Mike, to double check....so are the shorts NOT machine washable? I thought I recalled you saying somewhere that they were, but on the inside tag it says dry clean only. I'm speaking of the khaki cotton and seersuckers only.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads