• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
I think about 44"-45" just from memory of how mine (16.5/34) fit me.

At BB's price point I would not expect perfect consistency across all the styles of 16.5/34 or whatever. They are made in big numbers in different places to sell for a small profit at $50 on super sale. There is going to be variance

Thanks. Seems like they increased the chest width a good amount from 16/34.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ossington
This might be a silly question, but does anybody remember previous father's day sale. Are kids' sizes on sale or just stuff that "dads" can wear. Flipping sweet if a 3/100 shirt deal could improve further.

LOL

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scribbles
made in the USA?? LOL. Since when? I just bought 6 of them and not a single one was made here in the States.

all the extra slim fit shirts i have are made in the usa

scribbles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen

Did some digging on this and it turns out that only the Supima cotton ones are made in the USA, all others are imported.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^it tells you on the site if they're made in the usa all the ocbd are

picking up the blue and white, too bad the pink is way too prep and other colors garbage

will probably get a striped supima one as well if it's a 3 for deal

gtu2004

Reaction score
extra slim is still too much material for me. although i'm asian and uniqlo shirts fit me best

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen

+1

stevenvg

Reaction score
anyone know what size S correspond to in the current ebay sale?

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My two extra-slim fit shirts are excellent. They are not quite as good as the Black Fleece shirts, but pretty damn close. The fit is indeed VERY slim.

Skyro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scribbles
Did some digging on this and it turns out that only the Supima cotton ones are made in the USA, all others are imported.

I can confirm this. The Supima cotton shirts fabric is quite a bit thicker/heavier as well.

BossTweed

Reaction score
Just tried these this afternoon. I found the size 15 to be slimmer than a BB0, very good fit for me. For reference, I wear medium in BoO. These are definitely slimmer than J. Crew offerings. Only thing I have against them is the oversized pocket.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...I'm needing a shirt to fit a 16" neck, 42" chest and 19.5" shoulders. Something that fits similar to a Gitman size large. Should I go with the Brooks slim fit or extra slim fit? Does anyone have p2p and s2s measurements on a size 16 extra slim? Thanks.

Vaitek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Hey guys...I'm needing a shirt to fit a 16" neck, 42" chest and 19.5" shoulders. Something that fits similar to a Gitman size large. Should I go with the Brooks slim fit or extra slim fit? Does anyone have p2p and s2s measurements on a size 16 extra slim? Thanks.

I'm a 15.5" neck and have a 40" chest. I had room in my chest with the ESF so I'd imaging you'll be fine. The regular slim fit was way too baggy in the waist and the forearm area and I don't think my arms are tiny. My waist is 31" and I did end up getting the sides to the waist tailored some. So far OTR these have been the best long sleeved shirts that fits me, but I think from now on I'm going to end up using moderntailor or something. If I'm going to end up getting shirts tailored anyways I may as well get it MTM from the start unless I really like the fabric.

daft

Reaction score
it looks like the shirts that didn't sell on brooksbrothers.com ended up at ebay's fashion vault

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads