• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your FIRST car

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A two-door version of this (mine was a bit brighter blue):

24602060012_large.jpg

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
Nice. I bought a '95 (newer body style) around 2003. All stock, one owner, with just 19k original miles on it. Sold it when I moved overseas... I'd buy it back in a heartbeat, but it's become impossible to find a clean, unmolested one... I feel like mine was the last one

Tell me about it. It's pretty hard just finding a decent picture of a stock one online...ricers have really taken over that car.

I thought about holding onto the car to strip it out and drop in an SR20DET for a track car and then realized I'd never actually get around to doing that...

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Where did you hook up the horses?
confused.gif

Hey, I moved up with my next car...
JP_63_Chevy_II.jpg

1963 Chevy II (Not even a Nova)
confused.gif

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
side.jpg

- B

My dad had one of these when I was in High School. My first speeding ticket was in this car. His came with wheels on it though.

It had early fuel injection that was constantly vaporlocking. Had to pull the car over to the side of the road and wait for it to cool down before you could start it again. Never got the settings right on it. Eventually he had it ripped out and replaced with two 4 barrel Holly Carbs, which worked great until...

He and I were driving on a country road approaching a curve when the controller rod (not sure what the actual name was) that connected the two carburetors to the accelerator came disengaged and both carbs flew wide open causing the car to go uncontrollably full out (talk about sudden acceleration
wow.gif
). Fortunately he had the presence of mind to reach down and switch the engine off or I'd have never seen my 17th birthday.

Sherlockian

Reaction score
This, but in red:

nissan%20micra.jpg

No chance of sudden acceleration whatsoever. 1.0 litre (that's a mighty 61 cubic inches in American money), I think I once got it to an optimistic 88 mph, downhill on a long stretch of the M25. Petrol was less than half the price it is now, and combined with the spartan interior (no power anything except a 2-speaker radio/cassette) it couldn't have weighed much more than a pair of desert boots, so it went a long way for very little money. Never had the slightest fault in the two years I had it.

Mauby

Reaction score
fullsize
1982 Ford Crown Victoria. Unsexy as hell. Mine was white, a retired police car that became a cab. Engine was strong, as was the driver's side spotlight.

scribbles

Reaction score
2000jeepgrandcherokeewj.jpg

Man I loved that Jeep, so much so that I got an '07 Grand Cherokee to replace it, and hoping that I'll be able to make my way into the new '11 GC in the near future

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Hey, I moved up with my next car...

1963 Chevy II (Not even a Nova)
confused.gif

lol8[1].gif
I assume they didn't offer the Yenko package for that model.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamblor
84bmw325e.jpg

^ I had an E30 (two of them actually...) my first 'real' car that I wanted and bought. Learned to drive on a MKII GTi though, that I sold to buy the E30.

(Wasn't the E21 323i the first six cyl 3-series, though?)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads