• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

B^2

Reaction score
It really depends what you want to use them for. Some models have steel toes for construction while others like the ones I posted a picture of are more of a lifestyle boot that will serve you well in the elements.

enarchay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by B^2
It really depends what you want to use them for. Some models have steel toes for construction while others like the ones I posted a picture of are more of a lifestyle boot that will serve you well in the elements.

I just want a nice looking, comfortable pair of boots to wear with jeans that I don't have to avoid getting wet.

B^2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by enarchay
I just want a nice looking, comfortable pair of boots to wear with jeans that I don't have to avoid getting wet.

Red wing has numbers that correspond to different models so the ones I have are the 1907's and I love them. I'd also recommend the 8111(iron rangers) and the 9011 (gentleman travelers). Most models come in a variety of colors.

Also I wear a 9.5 in the 1907's but traditionally wear a 10-10.5 in most sneakers so I'd recommend trying them on in a store before you make a purchase.

Depending on your size there are usual a few pairs floating around here as well as ebay. If you find a cheap used pair, you can get red wing to resole them for a nominal fee too.

Hehlol

Reaction score
So are Red Wing models pretty much a matter of taste, or are some better than others? Which styles are staples? Thanks.
Dude what are you talking about? Of course they are a matter of taste, as everything is, and yes some models are better (in terms of construction and uses, steel toe or non-slip or insulated) than others. I don't understand what you're asking, would you like someone to definitively tell you that one model is 'THE BEST' and that if you are seen walking down the street in 'THE BEST' model you'll get respek?

srendam

Reaction score

They look so dope; Where can I get these boots?
The caption says 2211 boots but I cannot find them anywhere?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
What's the cheapest place to kop GT's

Ebay has a few cheap ones.

enarchay

Reaction score
Any idea where to grab either the Gentleman's Traveler or the Iron Ranger at a good price or on sale?

modagg

Reaction score

liuj2001

Reaction score
Any idea where to grab either the Gentleman's Traveler or the Iron Ranger at a good price or on sale?

Currently, there is 30% bing cashback on endless.com, which has many GT and Iron Ranger colors and sizes, 30% off brings GT down to $203 and IR to $189 with free 2 day shipping and no tax in many states.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
So I have Chippewas and Red Wings in my current rotation (with Red Wing being the best by far), and I have recently found some Thorogood shoes that I would like to try out.

Does any of you have any experience with Thorogood and feel that you can comment on the general quality?

three_man

Reaction score
Have a couple of questions: Anyone on here have experience with Red Wing engineer boots-2990 or 2268? Are they uncomfortable to wear even after being broken in? I sold off a pair of Red Wing 2218 logger boots and a Sendra engineer boot due to them being uncomfortable to wear (even after being broken in) because of the massive heel. Regarding the Iron Rangers, 2990's and Beckmans, how fast do the soles wear out with daily wear?

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by three_man
Have a couple of questions:

Anyone on here have experience with Red Wing engineer boots-2990 or 2268?

Are they uncomfortable to wear even after being broken in?

I sold off a pair of Red Wing 2218 logger boots and a Sendra engineer boot due to them being uncomfortable to wear (even after being broken in) because of the massive heel.

Regarding the Iron Rangers, 2990's and Beckmans, how fast do the soles wear out with daily wear?

I have the 2990s and they seem comfy enough for me, but I never really have problem with shoes.. Sized down 1/2 from JP size, and wear them mostly when I'm out riding my motorcycle...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads