• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
I know I'm a year late on this but damn if The Very Best - Warm Heart of Africa isn't the best damn summer album ever

wanted to see them so bad but they were playing opposite national/hold steady at sasquatch music festival

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh.... I want to buy the Spurr jeans on Gilt right now but only if they are the "pipe leg". The problem however is that the measurements Gilt provided do not correspond with any other measurements I've seen posted anywhere online, for any Spurr denim. Based on the photos, it looks like they used the same measurements for the pipe leg, classic cut, and even boot cut.
angry.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I only bought a few things this last spring, it feels kind of weird.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I bought nothing, end of an era.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Ugh.... I want to buy the Spurr jeans on Gilt right now but only if they are the "pipe leg". The problem however is that the measurements Gilt provided do not correspond with any other measurements I've seen posted anywhere online, for any Spurr denim. Based on the photos, it looks like they used the same measurements for the pipe leg, classic cut, and even boot cut.
angry.gif

They have either "slim" or "straightleg" to describe fit. That may help you. I expect that the straightlegs are the classics, and the slims are either the slim (pipeleg) or bootcut.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys i'm saying as a general trend for people who lift a bit, they often put on the most muscle mass from ages 25-30, when they have money, time and motivation.

I don't mean it's the be all and end all.
Originally Posted by NorCal
What ******* world do you live in?
People gain weight because their metabolism slows down,

This is one of the most overused excuses in the world. "I'm fat cos i have a slow metabolism". It's such bullshit. People gain weight because they consume more calories than they burn. Metabolism is very rarely the culprit. most obesity linked genes are due to diet regulating hormones, very few are to do with metabolism.
Originally Posted by NorCal
their bad habits slowly catch up to them and before they realize it they're heaver then they ever thought they would be, they tend to become more sedentary for a variety of reasons, and they don't have as much time/energy to work out.

Originally Posted by c00kz
Yeah hendrix, no hate but those are some pretty absurd arguments. People seem to gain more money between ages of 25-30 (baseless), which then lets them buy good food (assuming that's what they thought to do with money, and that cost was what was depriving them of "good food" previously, because they weren't yet 25), so they eat good food than muscle grows on their bodies?
The biggest misconception is that muscle peaking means muscle growth- just because men peak at a certain age doesn't mean there's a huge explosion of muscle at that age. Have no clue who thought this was so, tbh

Yeah i agree with you, i'm just saying that from 25-30 is the age in which a lot of men put on muscle if they already lift.

i'm 21, but over the last couple of months i've managed to put on 5kg, and there's no way i would've been able to do that a couple of years ago cos i couldn't afford to be eating as much as i do now.

Originally Posted by bows1
Yeah that was my problem with the whole argument. Mens muscles peak at 28-30 but that doesn't mean they just grow larger at that time without work. If you continually exercise and have good eating habits you might look the best at 28-30 but the slightly overweight people at 25 are not going to suddenly slim down and bulk up with age and not work. If anything they will get fatter in those 3-5 years.
oh yeah absolutely, i was just saying that there's a general trend amongst those who lift to put on quite a bit of muscle between 25-30 cos there are alot of factors in their favour.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
hendrix- it doesn't cost much money to eat a lot or consume a lot of protein/calories. Can get a bunch of protein shakes and **** from GNC (or pseudo-legal or illegal stuff from kunk) and get buff age 18-25. A lot of people put on both mass as in muscle and fat from age 25-35 it seems. You can def stay lean and mean between ages 25-35. Just a matter of eating healthy and a decent workout/cardio routine. At least just understanding weight fluctuations and if you see yourself starting to baloon up a bit, just cut it down for a bit and adjust.

Also, it does seem that metabolism slows as you age. Not as in the fat person excuse that the only reason they're huge is because their slow metabolism can't process the 3square mcdonalds meals and tons of beer a day but it is easier to maintain and lose weight if your metabolism is a bit faster.

No desire to get that unnattractive muscle+fat = athletic build kinda body that many have though

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The guys of Broken Social Scene look like the stereotypes of SF, it's great And Yoox marked down one of my most coveted Dream Box items.... too bad it's still $630
laugh.gif
Postscript - Sasquatch! was amazing sans weather

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix

This is one of the most overused excuses in the world. "I'm fat cos i have a slow metabolism". It's such bullshit. People gain weight because they consume more calories than they burn. Metabolism is very rarely the culprit. most obesity linked genes are due to diet regulating hormones, very few are to do with metabolism.

This has been proven to be not true through many many dietary studies. But if we seriously want to talk health we should go to the health forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads