• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
people compliment others on this site for being fit, and trash others for being not fat, why should skinny be off limits?

Simion505

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gtu2004
I have a very thin body frame as well. why would you tell me to shut up? i'm just concerned for him that it may not be healthy to be too skinny. did i criticize anyone here?
I'm just saying, thats his business - he came here for style advice, not to be told he might be an unhealthy weight.
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
people compliment others on this site for being fit, and trash others for being not fat, why should skinny be off limits?
The only time I've seen someone getting ripped on for being fat was Mr. Moo, and let's face it - what with his comments to everyone else and his general attitude he deserved it. Complimenting is a friendly thing to do, I don't know why you think that comes into the equation.

gtu2004

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty

because you don't often see fat models? being skinny is more often classified as more attractive than being fat? therefore your comparison at the fundamental level is faulty.

gtu2004

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simion505
I'm just saying, thats his business - he came here for style advice, not to be told he might be an unhealthy weight.

The only time I've seen someone getting ripped on for being fat was Mr. Moo, and let's face it - what with his comments to everyone else and his general attitude he deserved it. Complimenting is a friendly thing to do, I don't know why you think that comes into the equation.

ok, fair enough. still think he's too skinny to be healthy but let's not worry about the health of the common member

Simion505

Reaction score
because you don't often see fat models? being skinny is more often classified as more attractive than being fat? therefore your comparison at the fundamental level is faulty.

Yes, and being skinny can be totally natural, where as being fat is just unhealthy and can be helped - there is an obvious difference between having a naturally wide or thin body frame and being fat.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I have a very thin body frame as well. why would you tell me to shut up? i'm just concerned for him that it may not be healthy to be too skinny. did i criticize anyone here?

lol at being concerned for him. I'm not concerned because overweight people masquerading as "average/normal/athletic build" are more likely to have joint issues, heart problems, etc... but because they look bad in their clothes. Fuji looks dope.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simion505
Some people have a thin body frame naturally, and some people don't put on weight no matter how much they eat. The clothes fit him well for his body, keep comments about the clothes.

Some people are mother F***ers.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
jumping on the leather bandwagon
DSC_0277.jpg
anyone recognize the brand of the jacket? thrifted it this weekend and the tag is blank (zoomed pic) m+o, r&b, sc

That jacket is so amazing looking and slim fitting for a thrift find! I like it almost as much as a lot of Julius leathers I've seen. Do you shop at thrift stores much? Every time I've looked the clothing is cheap looking and only the kids stuff will fit me, so I don't even bother anymore. But perhaps you have better stores where you live. Love the pale color palette too (which could easily look sickly on many people) but you make it work.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love it PP. I've always been a fan of monotone and everything hangs off of you so well.

Binker

Reaction score
I'm all for the superthin look, but I actually think fuji's nonexistent thighs look really bad. guys like drew and labelking are just as thin/small as him, but either due to proportions or fit i never see a silhouette like that from them

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty much all i've been wearing for the past few weeks.
waywrn.jpg
AA MxMJ Clarks

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
When someone thrifts something solid, I like to see it, whether it be robbie or PP's latest grey leather (is it really?).

Originally Posted by BB1
But perhaps you have better stores where you live.

saying I thrifted it was probably a bit misleading - I got it at a sort of designer consignment place so I didn't pay goodwill prices

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im not actually that thin, I just have very thin legs. I have a 38" chest and a 28" waist, is just a big drop. I've put on 30 pound since I started posting fit pics so I suppose I was very thin then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads