• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can't decide between three sunglasses

Dips

Reaction score
I know they are expensive for what they are but I've got my mind set on them and want a pair now
confused.gif

I wanted Peter at first but I've come across Charles and Miguel now; I can't decide between the three. I'm leaning towards Charles now. Links to all three if anyone is interested...

http://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/uk-...lack/13942.htm

http://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/uk-...Black/2493.htm

http://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/uk-...lack/13837.htm

Any opinions would be appreciated...

foulard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dips
I know they are expensive for what they are but I've got my mind set on them and want a pair now
confused.gif

I wanted Peter at first but I've come across Charles and Miguel now; I can't decide between the three. I'm leaning towards Charles now. Links to all three if anyone is interested...

http://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/uk-...lack/13942.htm

http://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/uk-...Black/2493.htm

http://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/uk-...lack/13837.htm

Any opinions would be appreciated...

Depends on what sort of head you've got.

That aside, the Miguel has got to be the choice. Peter will make you look cross eyed and they're too close to the womens glasses he designs. Charles are just a Ray Ban copy so you're better off buying black Ray Ban's and be done with it (they're a fraction of the price and the originals)

clotheshorse69

Reaction score
They look the freakin' same to me; you can buy a similar pair at Walgreens for $9.99 plus tax...

Dips

Reaction score
I know, I should really go for the cheap RayBans but I've got my mind set on a pair of Tom Ford's now
confused.gif

foulard

Reaction score
I know, I should really go for the cheap RayBans but I've got my mind set on a pair of Tom Ford's now
confused.gif

That's understandable but why would you get Tom Fords that look like Raybans. Get the other ones that at least look different.
confused.gif

Dips

Reaction score
Yeah, looks like it will be the Miguel.

Not so sure about Peter as they don't seem timeless and won't look as good in a year or two?

Dips

Reaction score
True. But hopefully Tom Ford can become timeless.

There seems to be a distinct lack of pictures on Google with people wearing/modelling these shades. Google Images just brings up plain pictures of the shades on their own.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tsaltzma
Tom Ford is trendy, not timeless. If you are looking for timeless, go with Rayban, American Optical, or Randolph Engineering.

I can't speak to the first two, but I can strongly recommend Randolph Engineering, a pair of which I own.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
I can't speak to the first two, but I can strongly recommend Randolph Engineering, a pair of which I own.

I have some RayBan Wayfarers and some RE aviators. Both are good quality glasses that fit my face nicely.

CMJTperry

Reaction score
Don't care for the Tom Ford's, really don't get all the Tom Ford love anyway, but get the ones you like and you will be happy with them. Enjoy!

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent

x2 on Randolph.

Vinnie Vegas

Reaction score
confused.gif

Given that you are looking at three pairs of Tom Ford sunglasses that all look different, it seems pretty clear that you're set on the designer rather than the style.

Make sure you're not just idolising Tom Ford, rather than picking well made sunglasses that you like stylistically.

foulard

Reaction score
Let's take it easy on Dips. He likes the Tom Ford sunnies and he's already said he's thinking about the Miguel's because the others look like RayBans.

The main thing about glasses is that they have to suit the individual's face. If the Miguel's look good on him then they can become his individual trade mark glasses over time, irrespective of whether they're the latest model or not.

Personally I believe that you should have at least two pairs of sun glasses, one metal framed (maybe aviator style) and one tortoise shell classic type. That way you have something to wear well in classic style and something more modern. Personally I love the classic Persol tortoise shell. They really are classic.

Make sure it suits you though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads