• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

bandwitch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
I'm alway buying something new as there's several liquor stores with great selections in my area, but this is my standby, the one beer that's constantly in my fridge:

dfh90ipa1.JPG

This beer is amazing!

imschatz

Reaction score
innis-gunn-original-210282.jpg
When I'm having a BBQ or just drinking on the deck ... I&G is lights out the best.
Unibroue+Ephemere.jpg
When I'm with the mrs... this Unibroue Ephemere from Quebec, Canada is pretty good. Beer with a hint of apple (not apple cider, but beer!), and still with 5.5% alchohol. A Ladies beer, but a guy can get away with splitting a bottle with the mrs. Also, will drink Guiness as 50% of bars restaraunts in my town have it on tap.
guinness.jpg
And if they don't. They will definitely have Rickard's Red. Solid Canadian substitute for Newcastle. Not a tasty as Guiness, but solid none the less.
rickards_red_bottle.jpg

Strombollii

Reaction score
There's a brewery near my school called Red Oak that makes a damn good beer. Unfortunately, it's really only tap.

Bottled: Guinness, New Belgium's Fat Tire or 1554, or Killians

Edit: Though, as a poor-ass college kid, I find myself drinking PBR over most of the other **** beer one finds on campuses.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Dogfish. Easiest microbrew to find and enjoy.

+1 on PBR as well. In a contest between it, natty, keystone and the beast there really isn't a comparison. The first two taste like bitter water and the latter like cough syrup.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Saw that when I actually posted a list of my favorite beers, it was almost three years ago and was...embarrassing.

So, here's a better list of my favorites:

La Maudite
St. Bernardus Abt 12
Westmalle Tripel
Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Strombollii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
+1 on the Dogfish. Easiest microbrew to find and enjoy.

+1 on PBR as well. In a contest between it, natty, keystone and the beast there really isn't a comparison. The first two taste like bitter water and the latter like cough syrup.

Actually, I had some Magic Hat last night. I may have to switch from cheap ass PBR to cheap ass Magic Hat

Nananine

Reaction score
The best beer I've ever had was made by the Neustadt Hausbrauerei Schwingenheuer, a super tiny microbrew only found in Dresden. Smallest microbrewery in Germany. Of their selections, their Elbhang Rot was my favorite, but the Neustadt Hell and the Hecht Alt were both great.
23iyq9d.jpg
Also, a Euro or two for a pint and a half made for cheapass drinking, too. EDIT: STrombollii, I pm'd you about a XS Uniqlo shirt

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing beats the beers from the Huyghe Brewery, Delirium Tremens and Delirium Nocturnum
worship.gif

Other favorite is this gem:

st-patricks-beer-lindemans-framboise-ss.jpg

Pretty low alc. content, but definitely hits the spot sometimes.

baileypayne

Reaction score
I'm not really a beer snob, but I prefer domestic craft beers. IPAs are probably my fav. However, my default beer is Yuengling with Sam Adams in close second.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
When I was younger,

Corona Extra with a lime & mexican food.
I think its the whole marketing "change your hold latitude" thing, and I like the taste of the beer.

I do enjoy variety too.
My other favorites are European beers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads