• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Gaffos

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimH
Does anyone know if my 20 years old Rayban Wayfarers can be reshaped and polished. The bridge ? (middle bit) has gone from tortoishell colour to a greyish brown?

We would guess probably not; at that point it's just worth it to buy a new pair

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend (Ebay) knock-off sunglasses for someone doing the
tasteful conservative, 30-something preppy/professional look? (slim fit shirts, dress pants, dress shoes, etc)

(ie: Not Ed Hardy, Not Jersey Shore, Not 20s slickster, Not gangster, etc)

mhpragematter

Reaction score
blueblackraybans.jpg

Can I get some feedback on these? I like how the wayfarers fit, but at the moment I feel like the all black/silver/gold glasses are a little played out. Think I'll regret the light blue detail in the longrun?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Do you guys think it's ok to go with black frames and black lenses even if your shoes and belt are brown?

2. What do you guys think of the Salt Terry model?

terry3%5B1%5D_1561_detail.jpg

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
1. Do you guys think it's ok to go with black frames and black lenses even if your shoes and belt are brown?

2. What do you guys think of the Salt Terry model?

terry3%5B1%5D_1561_detail.jpg

That's a prettty sharp looking pair of shades. While I can't speak to the Terry, I have a couple of pairs of Salts. The Build quality is unparalleled in my experience, and the lenses are second to none.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What does it cost to get prescription sun lenses put into a frame? Will they go in most frames?

How much more for polarized?

I'd like to get some cheap prescription sunglasses from zenni optical or similar for sailing since it is not hard to break them or lose them overboard (racing, not just hanging out on a boat. I don't want to order them from zenni though since they are not polarized (cuts the glare off the water) so I was thinking about getting polarized prescription lenses put into some other frames.

Fluery

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can find something similar to this Robert Geller "David" frames? The tortoise shell is the color I want, and that's sold out most places. Also, I don't particularly want to drop $250 on them.

robert-geller-david-frames.jpg

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got polarized polycarbonate lenses put in my Persol black plastic frames...it was around $60.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
I got polarized polycarb lenses put in my Prada frames, and it was $100. After looking at what longskate got his done for, I feel ripped off. But it was a local place that did a great job.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
I got polarized polycarb lenses put in my Prada frames, and it was $100. After looking at what longskate got his done for, I feel ripped off. But it was a local place that did a great job.

It looks like he might have gotten a good deal...

I was checking a few random online discount places and don't think I saw any that could give me polarized prescription lenses for $60 (even at the places where the reviews seemed shoddy)...

I guess maybe I will just get a set of Zenni prescription sunglasses and stick with non-prescription polarized stuff on the water.

Also, I was at Gap yesterday and they had what looked like knockoff Clubmasters for $25 but the detailing was gold. Anyone seen these urban outfitters clubmasters in person?
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...edProductSize=

They have silver detailing and I might try to find them while I wait for some prescription stuff to come in (but I would rather avoid trips to UO if at all possible)

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what these are? Its been killing me that I cant find a maker.
fritzpaper01.jpg

Dillardiv

Reaction score
Do y'all have any ideas on cool, practical ways to store sunglasses? I've got several pairs now, and I need a good place to store them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads