• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official brogue boot style thread.

nerazzurrri

Reaction score
I really want a pair of ricards, corsos, etc boots.

If i don't get a pair of PS boots what other brands have similar boots?
Im a size 9.5 us if anyone is selling can pm me.

thanks.
bounce2.gif

nerazzurrri

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
dmash, why you being such a *****? Maybe he's a long-time lurker. Maybe he's Tom Ford. Possibly, he learned about fashion without posting on this exact forum. It's actually a pretty good topic, better than the one about how Banana Republic isn't bad even though fits are terrible and materials are ******.

In summary, dmash: You're trying to be the best guy on the internet, and no one is taking you seriously.

OP: I absolutely adore Tricker Stows. If I had $400 to throw around, I would throw it at them. Big clunky-ass country boots, the Doc Martens of the landed gentry.

Thanks for a legit response instead of bitching why my e-dick isn't big enough to post an "official" thread. I suggest we also put pictures up for reference.
lol8[1].gif

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerazzurrri
Thanks for a legit response instead of bitching why my e-dick isn't big enough to post an "official" thread. I suggest we also put pictures up for reference.
lol8[1].gif

No problem, here are the stows (they come in a couple of leather colors, but this is by far my favorite:

stow_marron_medium.jpg

nerazzurrri

Reaction score
No problem, here are the stows (they come in a couple of leather colors, but this is by far my favorite:

stow_marron_medium.jpg

those are pretty dope, they run about $400?

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerazzurrri
those are pretty dope, they run about $400?

Yeah, but of course it fluctuates with the exchange rate. The main issue is the chunkier sole, which would be nice for stomping around in a field during a thunderstorm, but awkward with a lighter suiting fabric (cotton, linen, three-season wool). Maybe after TaT makes me a navy wool suit, they can put together a tweed...

Do you know any beatle-boot-type designs with broguing?

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stow_marron_medium.jpg

Those are beautiful.
I really like the brogued trickers with the thick vibram lug sole.

trickers-for-present-two-tone-boot-0.jpg

These docs are pretty decent as well.

uniform-experiment-doc-martens2-800x532.jpg

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before buying a pair of Stows, find some pictures from different angles to make sure you really like them. They are WIDE and chunky boots - much more than you'd think when you see them from the side.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw
Before buying a pair of Stows, find some pictures from different angles to make sure you really like them. They are WIDE and chunky boots - much more than you'd think when you see them from the side.

Thanks man, I'll make sure to check. I'm short and thin, so I have to be careful about what I put on my feet.

Earnest Hemingway: those Docs look fantastic. Not sure what I'd wear them with, but the broguing looks great.

nerazzurrri

Reaction score
Yeah, but of course it fluctuates with the exchange rate. The main issue is the chunkier sole, which would be nice for stomping around in a field during a thunderstorm, but awkward with a lighter suiting fabric (cotton, linen, three-season wool). Maybe after TaT makes me a navy wool suit, they can put together a tweed...

Do you know any beatle-boot-type designs with broguing?

Um not really, I was just browsing through the PS thread and those shoes make me drool. I love the ricards and corsos, I want a pair that is nice but not too out there with a really chunky sole and what not. I'd be using them as regular shoes and maybe winter boots since you have to throw in some style in the winter
smile.gif
laugh.gif

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone posted these sundance boots in the paul smith thread and it made me move a dark pair of paul smith brogue boots or shoes to the top of my list
paulsmithsundanceboots.jpg
i remember when i first started lurking here i thought brogue boots looked goofy as hell
lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads