• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JD where do you get all your stuff? Not in town i presume.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
Does this jacket fit a little slimmer through the body than like a baracuda? It looks to have an overall slimmer fit... Also, I'm jealous you're able to wear a harrington, its hotter than hell this week. I got several harringtons hoping to rock them, only to evaporate each time i've tried.

well, it's rag&bone. The difference is primarily in the cuts and materials. I know you like thrifting "originals" but isn't always the same. It's cut very slim, tight/high armholes and it's superlightweight

jd- bahahaha. pose is great/creepy. still don't like those sunglasses much in any of the fits but at least you're embracing the pedophile thing

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Rosen and Holt but they're both pretty overpriced- still trying to find good menswear places. Roden Gray is all I can really think of.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Depends what you're looking for. Gravity Pope Tailored Goods is good, has Schneider, Geller, W+H, APC, Common Projects, Nice Collective and is bringing in SNS Herning. Dutil is fine for jeans but they have a pretty limited selection (they do however have their own jean which I like a lot). Other places have kind of come and gone. No more clack clack, no more J+O as of this year. There is Lark, Block, and a couple of other shops in Gastown, never been too impressed though.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Depends what you're looking for. Gravity Pope Tailored Goods is good, has Schneider, Geller, W+H, APC, Common Projects, Nice Collective and is bringing in SNS Herning. Dutil is fine for jeans but they have a pretty limited selection (they do however have their own jean which I like a lot). Other places have kind of come and gone. No more clack clack, no more J+O as of this year. There is Lark, Block, and a couple of other shops in Gastown, never been too impressed though.

I'll have to look that up- thought Gravity Pope was just shoes so I never really considered it. Hills of Kerrisdale has good stuff every once in a while (denim, gitman vintage stuff)- nothing designer, however. Thanks man.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inventory just opened up their own store, 45 Powell St. I wish I could justify the day trip to Vancouver just to go see it, but I can't. Vancouver also has all the military surplus I could ever want, whereas Victoria has none.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^
y did i always think u lived in sf?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CBrown85
I like Rosen and Holt but they're both pretty overpriced- still trying to find good menswear places. Roden Gray is all I can really think of.

I'm going to Vancouver with a couple of buddies in July and was wondering about shopping there. Are those couple of shops the best places around? Any other places worth mentioning?

Also, and maybe we should take this to PM instead of here, but do you guys have recommendations on things to do while I'm there, and good places to eat? My friend has been up there a few times, but it'll be my first time visiting BC, and I'd prefer to get some opinions from residence over a vacationer.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
^^
y did i always think u lived in sf?

No idea heh, closest I've been to SF was Sacramento.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
I'm going to Vancouver with a couple of buddies in July and was wondering about shopping there. Are those couple of shops the best places around? Any other places worth mentioning? Also, and maybe we should take this to PM instead of here, but do you guys have recommendations on things to do while I'm there, and good places to eat? My friend has been up there a few times, but it'll be my first time visiting BC, and I'd prefer to get some opinions from residence over a vacationer.
There are too many good places to eat to even list man. This place has amazing restaurants. I mean I'd need you to narrow both of these questions - if you're looking for vintage / workwear stuff you probably aren't going to need to check out Leone, which carries Lanvin, Dior, Prorsum etc. What kind of stuff do you want to shop? Same with restaurants, what kind of food? I can give you half a dozen sushi places worth going to alone.
No idea heh, closest I've been to SF was Sacramento.
Ha, the sig is a dead giveaway as to where you're at. I've never been in to 4HM, whenever I've been on the island the last 3-4 years I was doing a run of used book stores and getting lunch then heading home.

autobot_tom

Reaction score
DSC_0003.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, but you're all just going to have to deal with the leaning-against-tree pose. Just remain calm and we can all get through this. (Click for bigger version) Bottega Veneta / Alexander Mcqueen / Helmut Lang / Alexander McQueen / Florian Denicourt
Love that McQueen shirt
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Ho. Lee. ****. How did you get those, do those really exist?
iirc they never went on sale, I think a small number of VIPs got pairs PS: That movie was amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads