• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

OffTheRack

Reaction score
Life is full of strange coincidences--and I assure you I did not pull a DTO on Holdfast. Holdfast, I believe you even mentioned the fact that you owned this same sport coat in a two-button configuration once before after I posted it. Well, here's my three-button again, on the exact same day your wore two-button. I think you'll find the effect quite different, though.

DSCN2417%20%28White%29.jpg

DSCN2418.JPG

DSCN2424.JPG

DSCN2435%20%28No%20Face%29.jpg

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
These days, it's basically free for undergraduates who come from families with annual incomes of less than $180K...literally so for those from families with incomes less than $60K. No undergraduates are expected to take out loans.

OTH, it is not in Providence (Rhode Island.) So, there's that to consider.

It's a tough choice. There are some good restaurants in Providence.

Thank you. While the photo might be good, your username is fantastic. Well done.

Yes, and I've lobbied for the motto to be changed exactly to that. I get pushback, though, that "The Tufts of Cambridge" is too long for the three tiny books in the seal.

Like always, the solution to this problem is, "more tiny books."

I've also suggested a change to, "The Lesley University of Cambridge," but was told that there already is one, perched above a bunch of Japanese takeout joints.

It's a problem, this resistance to modernity.

- B

your best yet.

-TD

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
may26002.jpg
may26001.jpg

Behold the skills of a master..superb HF! The emergence of summer in springtime. Once again shoe details please?

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P1050489.jpg
P1050488.jpg
Interestingly enough - this suit looks quite alright in the photos but is one that I need some major alterations to. It feels like it was made for a person a few sizes larger than me and feels really uncomfortable too
frown.gif

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LennonMcCartney
Looking sharp. Black shirt in the daytime, pretty daring by styleforum standards, no?
As a teacher, I can wear whatever I please during the day because a) I'm always dressed better than my colleagues, and b) my SF image consultants can only see me when I want them to. Therefore, it's not daring for me to wear the black shirt, just to admit here that I have done so.

Originally Posted by zbromer
Please resist that urge.
Why would I resist the next step in my evolution? I became a member here to improve, not to stagnate.

Originally Posted by KObalto
There's a bunch of Nagranis on sale on B & S right now.
devil.gif
The burgundy ones sfefferz has are particularly nice. Very rich color IRL.

Thanks for the heads up, KO. It just so happens that I've been looking that very color, and I've been stunned to find that it is not carried by any of the stores that I frequent.

mth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck

Interestingly enough - this suit looks quite alright in the photos but is one that I need some major alterations to. It feels like it was made for a person a few sizes larger than me and feels really uncomfortable too
frown.gif

I think the lapels on the jacket are quite nice. As long as you're having alterations done, is it possible to hae the jacket lengthened one or two centimeters? It looks a little on the short side and will only get shorter as the linen wrinkles.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66

5-10.jpg

That tie "pops". Of course, I'm partial to (University of) Michigan colors! The sassy pocket square rounds off a very dandy look. Another masterful use of color.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads