• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
God damn you guys are feeling verbal today... let me see if I can address all the controversy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Awesome shirt and socks. Details?

Thanks! Shirt is BB slim fit in a rare 15/35, the socks are Pantherella.

Originally Posted by OffTheRack
Is that shirt a Brooks luxury slim fit? And I agree, great summer vibe.

Right on about the shirt, and it was 94 degrees today, I better have had a summer vibe.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
First of all, stop looking at my sack.
laugh.gif
And, yes, these pants do hug the boys a bit.

Second, that sounds great. More pics of Mrs. Spoo.

Third, I like that square too. But I didn't like it with that suit. A TV fold in white would have made it complete. Of course, that is essentially all I wear, so...........
blush.gif

Mike

Hey, no ****... but you couldnt miss teh tightness...

Mrs. Spoo is excited to make her 2nd WAYWRN post... stay tuned.

And I will be taking $1 donations for each post from you that says "white TV linen PS"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Yeah - the socks are loud ... sue me!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Im with you bruvva.
fistbump.gif

Originally Posted by fritzl
interesting socks. german style?
laugh.gif

Selbstverständlich! Gibt es irgendeine andere Weise?

Originally Posted by zbromer
You've shown some good things, but I always feel your combinations are a bit too busy and incongruent. You often have three or four very bold items, and I think you'd benefit from removing or toning down one or two.

If we met in person, you would find that I myself am busy and incongruent, so it seems my clothing has properly reflected my personality. WIN.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Shirt/tie/square combination is very clever & playful.

I think Holdfast and I live on the same side of the flash-o-meter. Your SC today is most enviable.

i dont think everyone wants to or should dress up like diavolo. i do agree on occassion Spoo has a flair for the color/pattern clash, but today seems pretty fine.

wicked fit and combo Spoo. the khaki suit tones everything down nicely in my opinion and the shoes are lovely!!

motivated me to break out the purple socks maybe tomorrow ... lol.

Thank you my flashy footed friend.. I thought the khaki offset my colors nicely too.

And to say I have an occasional clash of patterns is akin to saying Vox occasionally poasts on StyleForvm.

My issue today was his tie/shirt combo. The pattern sizes are too similar. Keep the tie, but swap for a solid pink, instead of a pink check, shirt. Or keep the shirt, but swap for a solid, instead of houndstooth, tie.

I agree with you actually - I could have gone solid pink and been a little better off, but I really wanted to wear gingham today, as this was the inaugural voyage for this shirt. I wore a navy grenadine tie yesterday, so I didnt want to come off repetitive today.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Looks great.
The tie pattern is bordering on the too close to the shirt's but you just about get away with it. I think a knit tie in the same colour would have raised this from the good to the excellent.

It was very close, but IRL, I think it worked. See my above post.

Originally Posted by JPHardy
Did I miss something?

I only recall one fit pic from Spoo, and it was very congruent and not loud at all.

Actually if I recall correctly she looked fantastic.

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
Ive been doing it all wrong this whole time. The camera should be facing the other way when my Mrs. Spoo takes teh pics in the morning...
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
I'm starting to feel a distinct urge to get more daring with my socks. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But soon, and for the rest of my life.

Well...definitely not today.

Please resist that urge.

DO IT!

I generally only post to make positive comments, with the exception of joking on some fits of people that I think dress very well (see YfYf). But I'll comment here.

I think ZBromer was right on with Spoo (if this is what he meant). He's fits don't come together for me, and it is not because of outlandish colors. My favorite fit of his had orange pants. There isn't cohesiveness with the items he is putting together. I'll state the obvious....that of course this is just my opinion.

As mentioned above, I am incongruous, and lack cohesiveness for most of my day. I actually speak the way Vaclav writes. Therefore, I am win.
lol8[1].gif

In all seriousness, I am on the Versace side of the spectrum, not the Armani, if that makes sense to you. I love the flash and bang, mixed with a touch of classic. I just need to be corralled in sometimes.

I also only commented on Spoo, because I actually like a lot of his clothes. I think he's very close to having very good style. The orange pants outfit is a perfect example. I thought it looked great. I love wearing orange pants with a blazer. However, I thought the color of the pocket square was off. Again, he's very close. Just one or two tweaks per outfit could really bring it to the next level.

Ill tweak it a little more aggressively next time, good tip.
fistbump.gif
Really though - the PS was off? If you saw my post that day, what, besides a boring white TV folded linen (ahem : Mbreinin - you hear that?) in gods name would have worked with a brown bengal stripe shirt, blue tie, blue jacket and orange pants? I ask in all seriousness.​

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I did so on a close to daily basis for about 6-9 months.

pregnant-woman.jpg

When you were done, it was bittersweet for all of us...but also, a moment of joy.

- B

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wizard of Oz Wednesday: Yeah - the socks are loud ... sue me!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
8175b7de.jpg
Socks+shirt/tie look great
i really like the pants ... glen plaid with blue overcheck?
That they would be.
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I'm on my fourth week of keto... the mere PICTURE of carbs...
plain.gif
laugh.gif

I've been doing low carb for a long time now (about a year) but only recently have really been getting urges for "bad" food. Would kill for a pizza.
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
http://img249.imageshack.us/i/postfullength.jpg/
Pretty much perfection right here.
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Nice trousers. How are things round your way with current events?
I'm more pissed off at the election campaign workers than North Korea right now. South Korea has a terrible idea of what is effective in an election.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Mean combo today, oldog.

Me today. Bleh.

Nice,who made the tie? Is that silk?

Last edited by a moderator:

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
In all seriousness, I am on the Versace side of the spectrum, not the Armani, if that makes sense to you. I love the flash and bang, mixed with a touch of classic. I just need to be corralled in sometimes.

You're a good sport. I honestly meant my criticism from the perspective of someone who likes a lot of what you wear. I entirely understand wanting to reflect your personality through your clothes, and it seems like you do that very well.

Ill tweak it a little more aggressively next time, good tip.
fistbump.gif
Really though - the PS was off? If you saw my post that day, what, besides a boring white TV folded linen (ahem : Mbreinin - you hear that?) in gods name would have worked with a brown bengal stripe shirt, blue tie, blue jacket and orange pants? I ask in all seriousness.

The orange was just too matchy-matchy with the pants. Maybe a similar type of linen square with a pale blue or lavender border?

Bravo340

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Funny, though, I'm doing modified PSMF through the third week of June, but each week has a cheat/reload day.

- B

Don't mean to derail thread, but would you happen to be doing Lyle McDonald's "Rapid Fat Loss" diet?

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You're a good sport. I honestly meant my criticism from the perspective of someone who likes a lot of what you wear. I entirely understand wanting to reflect your personality through your clothes, and it seems like you do that very well.

The orange was just too matchy-matchy with the pants. Maybe a similar type of linen square with a pale blue or lavender border?

I know what you mean. Nobody here is beyond criticism, and I welcome the tips.

Although I am sticking to my orange pocket square no matter what any of you F***ers say.
lol8[1].gif

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
I feel like I have to make my first WAYWRN post just to say that I've become more and more impressed with olddog/oldtrix stuff each time he posts. I joined this forum as a solid devotee of band tees and baggy jeans several years ago, but had tried to adopt more and more classic style as time went on. Now I just hope for a day when my wardrobe and sense of style can begin to resemble something akin to the classic (yet pleasingly FU) aesthetic that olddog hits with such regularity.

And plus, I'm a huge fan of the full cut. Reminds me of the one remaining haberdasher in my town.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
31472890.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean. Nobody here is beyond criticism, and I welcome the tips.

Although I am sticking to my orange pocket square no matter what any of you F***ers say.
lol8[1].gif

I fall prey to the matchy-matchy PS once in a while. I file that SF advice next to the don't wear blue pants advice.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
284d40c3.jpg

This is wonderful to behold. A masterful combination of color and pattern.

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Don't wear blue pants.

- B

The sad part of my rebellion is that I don't even own a pair right now. But as soon as I get pair....
fight[1].gif

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I fall prey to the matchy-matchy PS once in a while. I file that SF advice next to the don't wear blue pants advice.

Next time, I wont wear pants.

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
This is wonderful to behold. A masterful combination of color and pattern.

I really appreciate that, CP - but you gotta knock off all these awesome gingham shirts... Im envious of yours! Well played today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads