• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigarette for Beginner

cazzzidy

Reaction score
Might consider Export As from Canada. They are delicious and unique - very very short, fat, and wierd pack design with 25 cigarettes instead of 20. My favorite when I was a smoker.

I also think Kamels with a K (100% turkish tobacco) are tasty and iconic.

RobertN

Reaction score
A men that smokes says two things:

1) I have a addictive personality
2) I'm willing to sacrifise my health and those around my to be part of the "cool" group.

Neither is cool nor attractive. Define youself with your own style and people will recognise you as you are and you will find out there is nothing more actractive.

fcral1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RobertN

2) I'm willing to sacrifise my health and those around my to be part of the "cool" group.

I am a smoker. I smoke because I enjoy it and usually I smoke with my close friends - privately. And I am not cool. What does that say about me?

Have you ever thought what your absolutely appalling spelling and grammar says about you as 'a men'? Anything you type loses credibility when the reader has to decipher the intention behind your message, notwithstanding that your intention is fundamentally flawed.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
Doesn't this thread belong in DTs?

Don't push your anti smoking agenda onto us!

RobertN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcral1
I am a smoker. I smoke because I enjoy it and usually I smoke with my close friends - privately. And I am not cool. What does that say about me?

Have you ever thought what your absolutely appalling spelling and grammar says about you as 'a men'? Anything you type loses credibility when the reader has to decipher the intention behind your message, notwithstanding that your intention is fundamentally flawed.

Ohh I don't doubt you at all when you say you enjoy it. Nicotine is after all one of the most addictive substances in the world.

Now I'm not going to hold a anti-smoking speech here.

I can assure him though, women that don't smoke will never find him attractive. I mean really smell your shirt after a night at a smoky bar. That is what she will smell but more so since she doesn't smoke. So starting smoking might be very counter productive to what he wants to achieve.

And I'm very sorry for any mistakes in my English I'm not a native speaker so I apologise for any errors in my spelling or grammar.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not going to go on a anti-smoking diatribe here; I won't try to guilt you with stories about those around you, or the health effects, since smokers are aware of all that. But bottom line, don't start smoking.

I admit, it does feel pretty cool to smoke, and a smoke during a nice summer drive with the windows down and music playing is a pretty awesome feeling... And when you've got a nice buzz going, a cigarette really does hit the spot.

I was a light smoker for a short period of time, and I nipped it in the bud before it got worse. Allen Carr's Easyway to stop smoking was very helpful, so most of what is below is ripped off from that book...

Smoking does not relax you, it increases everyday stress and nervousness, robs you of your confidence and no regular smoker truly enjoys smoking.

Smoking merely lowers your 'base' level of comfort. The more and longer you smoke, the lower this base level of daily functioning gets. The false sense of relaxation and relief you get from smoking is simply getting back to your "normal" levels. The more you smoke the lower your base gets, and the more you crave a cigarette to get you back to "normal", and the greater the false sense of enjoyment and relaxation gets.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
nobody really truly enjoys smoking.
This is blatantly false. I smoke about 5 times a year and I enjoy every single time.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Étienne
This is blatantly false. I smoke about 5 times a year and I enjoy every single time.

Redacted. No regular smoker truly enjoys smoking.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing sexier than a deft roll-your-own.

You can get filters for rollies at a decent tobacco shop too. Roll yourself an all-American unfiltered but if a lady should ask roll a filter in hers like a proper gentleman.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

PoloPlayr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RobertN

Neither is cool nor attractive. Define youself with your own style and people will recognise you as you are and you will find out there is nothing more actractive.

I don't even think you're buying that yourself.

yfarmanara

Reaction score
Originally Posted by banjabear
Lucky Strikes, it's TOASTED

laugh.gif

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Redacted. No regular smoker truly enjoys smoking.

When I was a smoker, I LOVED that first cigarette in the morning or the one after the first drink or sex. All the others were awful - just a chore topping-up my nicotine levels.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads