• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C'e' Luca! on Gilt MAN tomorrow is made by...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Isaia

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any intelligence about the level of construction?

chriskl

Reaction score
I'd be interested in any other info about this brand---anyone else familiar with it?

minervau

Reaction score
Based on price, this seems like Isaia's version of Z Zegna, then -- probably fused, half-canvas at best.

But I think no one has info b/c this is brand new, even Google doesn't turn anything up on it.

I think I'll pass for now. If the retail on these is really 1200, 600 will be easy enough to get later down the line.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously tempted by that navy windowpane...loathe to buy a suit when I have no idea how it fits, though.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
plus it's gilt. so all returns become gilt credit ...

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am eyeing their suits also. This is from Gilt:

Fit: European trim fit. Drop 7 Sizing: Subtract 7 from the suit size to obtain waist size.
Origin: Italy
I assume that "should" mean that it is slim fit if it is Euro fit, from Italy, w/ drop 7?

On a side note, does Gilt have an unofficial limit on returns? I buy a lot from them (~20 orders over the last couple years) but recently returned 2 suits that didn't fit properly and/or didn't look like their pictures. I know some retailers start to get upset if there are too many returns.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justsayno
plus it's gilt. so all returns become gilt credit ...

Yeah, major dealbreaker for me. Tha **** am i gonna do with 600 dollars worth of credit?

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For my Gilt credit after I returned the first suit, I used it to buy another suit, which I then subsequently returned also... I figure at worst I'll wait for a RLBL sale to burn the credit, although a refund would have been nicer.

The $10 shipping charge isn't bad at all taking into account the return shipping is free --- which is why I wonder if they limit how much you can return unofficially. The problem is they often have brands that aren't very common (like this one) so I feel like I'm taking a chance with some of the purchases (but have generally been pleased).

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sportin_life
I am eyeing their suits also. This is from Gilt:

I assume that "should" mean that it is slim fit if it is Euro fit, from Italy, w/ drop 7?

On a side note, does Gilt have an unofficial limit on returns? I buy a lot from them (~20 orders over the last couple years) but recently returned 2 suits that didn't fit properly and/or didn't look like their pictures. I know some retailers start to get upset if there are too many returns.

most italian fits are by definition slim fit.

as for returns: this would be the last of my concerns when dealing with Gilt. they've already stacked the deck in their favor as much as they can by doing things like giving you credit only for returns, running sales for 2 days to jack up the sense of urgency (only to recycle leftovers a month or two later), etc. they've also created an easy returns model hoping that this will cause many more people to take a risk given precisely the uncertainties you raise about fit -- a concern that other people are likely to have. if gilt didn't create a returns-friendly model, they would be toast.

i would buy as much as you want and return as much as you want without a twinge of guilt. quite the contrary, in fact; it's people like you that Gilt's success rests on!

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
Yeah, major dealbreaker for me. Tha **** am i gonna do with 600 dollars worth of credit?

Buy more clothes

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
The fit is based off the one they did for Jeffery which was the fairly trim fit, can't recall the model name. S or something?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chriskl
I'd be interested in any other info about this brand---anyone else familiar with it?

It's a special line made by Isaia in Italy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads