• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Thanks, anywhere I can find a list of stockists of LVC. Also, does LVC have a dedicated website or something like that ?

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ Thanks, anywhere I can find a list of stockists of LVC. Also, does LVC have a dedicated website or something like that ?

It's under development...

http://www.levisxx.com/

Don't know that they'll be any less in Germany than UK retail. Cinch obviously has the best choice, Son fo a Stag, Drapers Walk, Truman's Brewery might have better pricing.

Worth posting over at SuFu, almostnice will know about LVC stockists in Germany.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Thanks, Simon. I have some British MOD, plain grey ones on the way. I'll post pics - really big ones, especially for mr sleezy.

EDit: I didn't know manufactum had retail outlets... interesting.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder
If you told where you were going in Germany, I am sure some of the German users would be able to help you. Or try Google.

Munich and Innsbruck, Austria. I would appreciate all help in locating LVC retailers

Gavin

Reaction score
I've been looking for a pair of lighter weight jeans for the summer without much luck...then I tried on a pair of the LVC 1947s in Broken Down wash and fell in love...$285 CAD, but found them online at Très Bien Shop for ~$180 CAD shipped.
nomad_levis_lvc_02.jpg
Obviously every pair was going to be a little different depending on how they were finished, and I knew to expect that, but the ones I got have a little too much vertical streaking/crease lines on the shins/calves for my taste...but still, I'm really happy with these jeans. I needed something new and I had no interest in breaking in a new pair of raw denim over the summer, no matter how light the weight...but 12 oz of pre-washed denim is perfect...the perfect summer jean, IMO. And yeah, I'll say it: this cut makes ****** look better than any other I've ever tried on.

Danda74

Reaction score
i just bought a pair of LVC 47 501 at the lower level Tannery in cambridge, ma for $69 in 33x38. theyve shrunk to a perfect size after a soak (and i'm not tall). there are a few other sizes left

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Danda74
i just bought a pair of LVC 47 501 at the lower level Tannery in cambridge, ma for $69 in 33x38. theyve shrunk to a perfect size after a soak (and i'm not tall). there are a few other sizes left

30?

Danda74

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
30?

ahah i wanna say maybe?? i'm not too sure, just saw other sizes around. i also remember seeing a lot of of them at the upper level tannery (street level one)

erbs

Reaction score
Does anybody have thoughts on how to size the 2010 run of 1955 501s? I have a pair of Valencia Street '55s in a 33x36 that fits perfectly, and I'm wondering what that would translate to in the current run.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by erbs
Does anybody have thoughts on how to size the 2010 run of 1955 501s? I have a pair of Valencia Street '55s in a 33x36 that fits perfectly, and I'm wondering what that would translate to in the current run.

2010 1955 seem to be three inches oversized. More details at the SuFu buyers guide thread

So you need a 30. Check with your retailer, though.

Gavin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gavin
LVC 1947s in Broken Down wash

Does anyone know how much I can expect these to shrink? Obviously they're not STF, but will there still be some permanent shrinkage after the first wash?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads