• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by __CB__
don't just assume it's because people don't get rick owens or whoever else you're wearing.

^^
this guy

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dickflap and everything else aside, I don't think that black tee is very flattering on nicelynice either. As a slim guy myself, I think you're way too thin to be pulling off skintight stuff like that.... if people are turning away or giving you weird stares (as you say), maybe you should take it as a hint that it ain't working, don't just assume it's because people don't get rick owens or whoever else you're wearing.

Aw, no way. As a slim guy myself, I have never understood it when short people are told to dress to look taller, tall people to look shorter, slim people to look broader, etc. One of my favorite Sartorialist pics is a guy who is definitely around 5 and a half feet tall, and isn't doing anything to hide it. It's great; he's looking great, and he doesn't have to dress to seem normal. If people are turning away or giving you weird stares, it might be because your (nn's) look is striking, which seems like it's exactly what you want.

I keep wanting to post fits, but I keep not owning anything interesting enough to be worth it, bleaugh...

__CB__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Aw, no way. As a slim guy myself, I have never understood it when short people are told to dress to look taller, tall people to look shorter, slim people to look broader, etc. One of my favorite Sartorialist pics is a guy who is definitely around 5 and a half feet tall, and isn't doing anything to hide it. It's great; he's looking great, and he doesn't have to dress to seem normal. If people are turning away or giving you weird stares, it might be because your (nn's) look is striking, which seems like it's exactly what you want. I keep wanting to post fits, but I keep not owning anything interesting enough to be worth it, bleaugh...
I'm skinny and I don't try and hide it - that said, black masks weight which combined with the fit of that tee makes him look rail thin, borderline anorexic IMO. Why would people turn away if your look is striking? It should be the opposite, no? Sure, you'll find the odd person who rejects anything different from them, but most people can appreciate others with different styles/tastes if they really own/work their look. Sorry, but if everyone is avoiding eye contact with you or giving you disapproving looks, its not a good sign. I can tell pretty easily if my fit is a bit off on any given day by the body language of people on the street around me, much moreso than any feedback (good or bad) on fashion forums.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm skinny and I don't try and hide it - that said, black masks weight which combined with the fit of that tee makes him look rail thin, borderline anorexic IMO.
The Androgyne
status

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually look quite a bit thinner due to the camera angle, I'm not SUPER skinny. If anything, it accentuates my chest and shoulders more than a flat t-shirt, which usually does make me look thin

Most of the stares at the gym are usual (skinny guy doing squats? Why I never!) and the other half were focused on the shoes.

__CB__

Reaction score
^ Fair enough - hitting the gym should benefit that fit greatly as I think Owens gear looks better on more athletic guys (like Rick himself).

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
shut the **** up newb.

Dickflap and everything else aside, I don't think that black tee is very flattering on nicelynice either. As a slim guy myself, I think you're way too thin to be pulling off skintight stuff like that.... if people are turning away or giving you weird stares (as you say), maybe you should take it as a hint that it ain't working, don't just assume it's because people don't get rick owens or whoever else you're wearing.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wondering if spending that much money for gym clothes is kinda overkill.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That tee is probably one of the best fitting things I've seen in a while. I think you are the one who doesn't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads