• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pablo-T
With apologies... a shameless plug, firstly for my 555 201, size 33/33, made in the old Valencia Street factory - these jeans are now getting very hard to find. Secondly, a pair of the Taylor Togs-made - hence slimmer - 1947 501 32/34. I'm happy to close the deal off eBay, hence with 15% off, with anyone I know from here or SuFu.

Nice gems, Paul. Good luck with the sale.

If the rest of you are looking to spend your money elsewhere, then here is an option http://caliroots.com/c-store/search.asp?manuid=209

Pablo-T

Reaction score
THanks, Simon. THe 1910 333 look especially tempting, those are intriguing jeans, probably a bit difficult to wear though. I"m glad the 1920s chabmray isn't my size, as I'm trying to cut back spending. An amazing shirt, though, I've pulled out some of my 'older' jeans for the summer, which finally arrived Saturday. 1890s, with LVC and Gap Chambray. One of these is historically co-ordinated, as instructed by SImon. I plan to emulate eltopo over on SuFu and am on the hunt for some suspenders...
1890sandchambray.jpg
PTsarse.jpg

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
How should these suspenders look? And what requirements do you have?

I think SF could easily help you out

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of buying 1947 from Oi Polloi. According to their website the size 36 would be having a waist of 35 and should shrink to a waist of 33. Are Oi Polloi's measurements correct and if I want a jeans with an actual waist of 34 is tag 36 the correct size to go for. I am hoping that the 35" actual waist of tag 36 would initially shrink to 33" actual and thereafter stretch to 34" actual.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Thinking of buying 1947 from Oi Polloi. According to their website the size 36 would be having a waist of 35 and should shrink to a waist of 33.

Are Oi Polloi's measurements correct and if I want a jeans with an actual waist of 34 is tag 36 the correct size to go for. I am hoping that the 35" actual waist of tag 36 would initially shrink to 33" actual and thereafter stretch to 34" actual.

Your logic on sizing is correct - but email oipolloi and make sure the 36 are indeed undersize; most/all of 2010 1947 production is true to size. THey could have old stock - or they might simply not have updated their website.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am interested in purchasing a pair of the 1947 501s.
My waist size is a 32.
I wear a size 30 (measured 32 in RRL) and size 29 in Jean Shop (originally measured a 31 new but stretched out to a 32)

What size should I get in these since they are STF?

Thx.

sle-z-e

Reaction score
PTsarse.jpg
[/quote]

Is this supposed to represent a good fit for that style? Because that just looks awful

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sle-z-e
Is this supposed to represent a good fit? Because that just looks awful
Oh no! Does this mean it won't work out for you and me? (sobs)

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
PTsarse.jpg

Is this supposed to represent a good fit for that style? Because that just looks awful[/quote]

yes, this is how men wore their jeans in the depression era (early 20th century), don't believe us check flickr...

Good fit on those Paul. they'll look rad w/ the suspenders.

sle-z-e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
Is this supposed to represent a good fit for that style? Because that just looks awful

yes, this is how men wore their jeans in the depression era (early 20th century), don't believe us check flickr...

Good fit on those Paul. they'll look rad w/ the suspenders.[/quote]

Who cares? Its also how mall rats wear their jeans today... saggy ass and massive cuff drag... Maybe the vintage cool thing is beyond me.

sle-z-e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pablo-T
Oh no! Does this mean it won't work out for you and me? (sobs)

Nah man we'll pull through this. I have faith

Simontuntelder

Reaction score

Good fit on those Paul. they'll look rad w/ the suspenders.

Who cares? Its also how mall rats wear their jeans today... saggy ass and massive cuff drag... Maybe the vintage cool thing is beyond me.[/quote]

Mall rats? Are you comparing depression attire with mall rats attire (can I use attire when speaking of mall rats?)?!?

I think they fit Paul rather well. Of course the length might be just an inch too long and the ass sags just a bit, but come on is this really horrible? Seen in the context of the shirt and overall feeling of the jeans?

And braces will look stellar in that look.

What concerns me the most is the choice of footwear. What do you plan on pairing this outfit with, Paul? Trickers?

sle-z-e

Reaction score
Sure in context the look might be ok but I guess its just not for me... They're jeans not a tailored suit or something (thus the feasible comparison to mall rats wearing baggy, saggy, long ass jeans haha) We're no longer in the depression and I don't think that specific style translates well into a modern appreciation of a good fit. Just my opinion though. Some of ya'll clearly disagree and I'm cool with that. No hate

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea what is the retail for the LVC 1947 in Europe and is it available at the normal Levi's stores. I am travelling to Germany next month and was thinking of buying them there instead of trying my luck with online stores.

I know that its for 155 GBP in Uk but was wondering whats the price in mainland Europe.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Any idea what is the retail for the LVC 1947 in Europe and is it available at the normal Levi's stores. I am travelling to Germany next month and was thinking of buying them there instead of trying my luck with online stores.

I know that its for 155 GBP in Uk but was wondering whats the price in mainland Europe.

Most regular Levi's stores do not stock LVC. And they'll most likely have no idea what the LVC line is.

However you will probably be able to find some LVC stockits in Germany, depending on the size of the city.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads