• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which one of these 2 would you buy 1. Church's Grafton - 360 GBP 2. Crockett & Jones Pembroke Church's
46-47-photo2.jpg
C &J
M0000034603010.jpg

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Which one of these 2 would you buy 1. Church's Grafton - 360 GBP 2. Crockett & Jones Pembroke Church's
46-47-photo2.jpg
C &J
M0000034603010.jpg

I can't speak to the construction, but based solely on aesthetics, I'd go with the C&Js. - Keith

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which C & J model is this Sid Mashburn shoe
prod_dress_shoes_wingtip.jpg
Is the C & J Swansea in suede suitable for casual wear (casual trousers and jeans) or is it too sleek for that
swansea-dbsuede.jpg

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
No, impossible, specially when the buckle is held to the belt using screw(s).

??? are you sure?

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this suit outdated, or is it just a cut of the lapel that is bothering me. I know there are soft cut lapels (A&S) and then very rigid ones (tom ford)

372895200_o.jpg

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Is the C & J Swansea in suede suitable for casual wear (casual trousers and jeans) or is it too sleek for that
swansea-dbsuede.jpg

I'd definitely rock those with jeans or odd trousers. They're bluchers, so the open lacing lends itself to a more casual dress style, if I'm not mistaken. - Keith

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Check my sig...

already done
wink.gif

just a bit of tickeling...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
I'd definitely rock those with jeans or odd trousers. They're bluchers, so the open lacing lends itself to a more casual dress style, if I'm not mistaken.

- Keith

depends where you're living. in europe, except the british, the ratio bal to blucher with suits is quite opposite to the US.

kevin250

Reaction score
I don't know much in the ways of tailoring and whatnot, so I figured I'd ask here.

I recently picked up an H&M suit on the cheap since it generally fit exceptionally well. Unfortunately, the sleeves are a tad short, maybe about half an inch to an inch too short. My question is, would there be any ways that a tailor could lengthen the sleeves of the jacket a bit?

Thanks.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Bon point.

ty

btw, stick with the navy socks in your seersucker combination. imo, it really makes a statement.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
already done
wink.gif

just a bit of tickeling...

And I said I wouldn't underestimate you... Entschuldigung, fritzl.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
ty

btw, stick with the navy socks in your seersucker combination. imo, it really makes a statement.

I expect I'll alternate between the light blue and the navy. I agree that the navy socks look good, provided I'm wearing a white shirt. I think the blue shirt I had on initially is just too visually weighty; definitely not summer-friendly.

- Keith

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevin250
I don't know much in the ways of tailoring and whatnot, so I figured I'd ask here.

I recently picked up an H&M suit on the cheap since it generally fit exceptionally well. Unfortunately, the sleeves are a tad short, maybe about half an inch to an inch too short. My question is, would there be any ways that a tailor could lengthen the sleeves of the jacket a bit?

Thanks.

It's unlikely that there was any fabric allowance left in the sleeves, especially if you need another inch of length.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads