• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gilt. some ok stuff.

The jackets, jeans, and shirts are all on ebay right now in lower prices, even though they are still not worth buying.

One of the bags is nicely priced.

A couple of belts are ok.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nvm

ss10guy3

Reaction score
If anyone snagged one of the bags and doesn't want it PM me. I forgot the sale was today.
plain.gif

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****. I'm half thinking of picking up the straight leg natural jeans one size down from the pair I am wearing right now. They would fit so much better. The other option was to have the pair I own altered, but with all the chainstitching, it could be a nightmare.

Edit: Done. Kind of a no brainer, even though GILT prices are almost twice the Ebay prices. Ebay + alterations would easily be as much, though. The natural selvage denim is wonderful on these...

Exalt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scribbles
A green chambray has been mentioned a few times here recently (and yes I know that it has been referred to as "hideous"). Would any of you SF'ers with first hand knowledge be able to provide a picture of it for me?

I didn't see a green chambray, but a blue one that wasn't bad.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
****. I'm half thinking of picking up the straight leg natural jeans one size down from the pair I am wearing right now. They would fit so much better. The other option was to have the pair I own altered, but with all the chainstitching, it could be a nightmare.

Edit: Done. Kind of a no brainer, even though GILT prices are almost twice the Ebay prices. Ebay + alterations would easily be as much, though. The natural selvage denim is wonderful on these...

Lucky you. The size choices were terrible; but if you were one of the lucky ones, then great.

The prices were higher than typical ebay prices, but I also noticed that a lot of the jeans were tagged at $415. I don't know if the price increase relate to changes in the jeans, but most of the retail prices on ebay are still in the $225 range. So you probably got a great deal for new-stock jeans.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was amazed that they had 32x34 (my usual size). I had tried on the slim bootcuts in 32x34 and they were waaay too tight. So, I thought the 33x34 in straight legs would fit, but they are a little too big in the waist, way too big **********, and the crotch is super low (meaning high rise and big waist). I'm looking forward to the 32x34 straight legs. Did I mention how nice the denim is??
smile.gif
It's a nice alternative to indigo... As far as I know, actual retail was just shy of $400 on them.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was amazed that they had 32x34 (my usual size). I had tried on the slim bootcuts in 32x34 and they were waaay too tight. So, I thought the 33x34 in straight legs would fit, but they are a little too big in the waist, way too big **********, and the crotch is super low (meaning high rise and big waist). I'm looking forward to the 32x34 straight legs. Did I mention how nice the denim is??
smile.gif
It's a nice alternative to indigo...

As far as I know, actual retail was just shy of $400 on them.

32x34? That's my size! I must have missed them. Great purchase, though. RRL has become may favorite jeans brand by far.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's still a pair on there in 32x34...

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's still a pair on there in 32x34...

Yeah, been debating it. But these are the funky ones with different pockets and buckle back. Are those the ones you mean? What do you think of them?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boots
the cotton MA-1 on Gilt today was pretty sweet.

I thought about that one, too.. just decided I have something similar already.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Yeah, been debating it. But these are the funky ones with different pockets and buckle back. Are those the ones you mean? What do you think of them?
These are the ones I bought- much tamer.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are the ones I bought- much tamer.

Oh, of course.. same as in your earlier picture.

I have a pair of these in slim boot cut, but they are feeling too tight. Luckily, I got them for only $60 on ebay. But the guy had a size larger, and I should have gotten that one in retrospect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads