• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one said they were. When Epaulet first became an affiliate his shirts were pocketless.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Mike,

do you ever sell out of the pinpoint oxfords? From what I gather these are not the same limited supply as your other offerings, but I'd like to know for sure. Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the_state
I actually meant the red/black micro tattersall jernt. Get on that Mikey... get on that. You can guarantee a sale in size L from this guy........

Yes sir - we'll definitely hook up some special editions for the Fall. I'll check into that.

Originally Posted by dusty
Just got the chinos, fit is spot-on once again. These are the chinos I've been waiting on for years. Great job Mike and Adele.

Also please don't take the pockets off the shirts.

Awesome! I just put in a new order for our second run of chino's today. We're going to have two special editions dropping in about 4-5 weeks. And we should have a restock of - hopefully - both British Khaki and Navy in about 6-7 weeks. British Khaki for sure.

Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Who said they were going to do this?

No plans to take off the pockets anytime soon. They're now standard for all of our shirts except the French cuffed models. I also really like how the single flap pocket came off on the SF Double-Faced shirts, so we're going to use that from time to time.

Mike,

do you ever sell out of the pinpoint oxfords? From what I gather these are not the same limited supply as your other offerings, but I'd like to know for sure. Thanks!

They come and go a little bit, but we generally keep them in stock.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
Mike you could even do traiangular style flaps on the flap pockets. Might look good on some workshirts.

Agreed! Our Chambray workshirt has been a big hit, so we're looking to do that in a few different shapes for the Fall. I was thinking one of those triangular flaps that you can button up or down.

We're also thinking of a snap button western shirt. Would you guys be interested in that?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
We're also thinking of a snap button western shirt. Would you guys be interested in that?
Yes. In white. Maybe other colors.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
If we're tossing ideas around...

I don't know if there is any other interest in this but I'm gonna throw this out there -- I'd love to get a dressier variant of the white pinpoint oxford shirt. Same fabric & cut but with a cutaway collar, french cuffs, and no pocket. Sounds like that's how you do all your french cuff shirts anyway so I don't think this would be too far afield.

...but if I'm the only one, then I'll shut up.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If we're tossing ideas around... I don't know if there is any other interest in this but I'm gonna throw this out there -- I'd love to get a dressier variant of the white pinpoint oxford shirt. Same fabric & cut but with a cutaway collar, french cuffs, and no pocket. Sounds like that's how you do all your french cuff shirts anyway so I don't think this would be too far afield. ...but if I'm the only one, then I'll shut up.
You're not the only one. In fact, I'd prefer all three options you listed: spread collar, french cuffs, no pocket. Good call. - Keith

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
...and this is not to say I don't want one of the point collar/pocket/button cuff ones either, of course.

Mirrorball

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
You're not the only one. In fact, I'd prefer all three options you listed: spread collar, french cuffs, no pocket. Good call.
- Keith

Another +1 to this.

medium-to-wide spread collar, french cuffs, no pocket.
I need a couple new good clean white dress shirts.

slappy

Reaction score
How do the Gitman shirts fit? Ive been on a Gant kick recently and I wear their Large. Would Gitman be the same?

JBG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet

A snap button western shirt would be awesome!

I just received the rivet chinos in british khaki - I also had nearly given up on finding any well-fitting chinos and have been wearing pretty much denim only (outside of wool trousers for work) - these were perfect. Fit was spot on and the slightly darker khaki color is definitely a winner.

And damn you and those new 2 stroke Indy's...must resist...oh who am I kidding. These will go into a rotation with my Thorogood for Epaulet boots (which I wear almost exclusively).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads