• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JG000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by justinsmnz
However I did pick up this gem for a whole 99 cents (tax included).

Hart Schaffner & Marx Silver Trumpeter. Perfect fit too.

Lucky bastard! I like. Where'd you find that?

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hoofit
I would contact Polo and/or C&J and tell them you have a pair of the loafers and have a missing tassel. No need to tell them where you got them. I'm sure missing tassels happens all along.
I did just this. They asked for the line numbers in the shoe and are going to send a tassel.

Good deal.
thumbs-up.gif

EBTX66

Reaction score
Nothing too spectacular at lunch:

Barney's NY tie - $1.59
Charles Tyrwhitt D/S - $3.99
Lightly worn Hanover burgundy calf longwings - for those days when one is feeling "tradly" - $5.99

justinsmnz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JG000
Lucky bastard! I like. Where'd you find that?
Salvation army. They even threw in the hanger for free, haha. I also picked up a few PRL OCBD's for 99 cents each. I think I'll have them taken in though. They are a bit large on me and what's 15 bucks to make a 99 cent shirt fit perfectly? Still absolutely no luck in the shoe department...

Temujin

Reaction score
Forgive a newbie question: What is the difference between Burberry of London and Burberrys Prorsum? Are these 2 completely different companies?

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Temujin
Forgive a newbie question: What is the difference between Burberry of London and Burberrys Prorsum? Are these 2 completely different companies?

Prorsum is the more luxurious line. Most things made in Italy - different designer (I think). Burberry London is a bit of a mix of things - made all over the world from what I can remember - quality nowhere near Prorsum (except maybe the made in England trenches). I'm no expert though.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just returned, pretty victorious! (I think...)

Two bespoke Fioravanti suits along with one sportcoat, bespoke ~44-46. The quality is unreal, especially thef fabrics, wish they were smaller.

Royal Stetson medium grey felt fedora, size 7 with a grosgrain ribbon and a feather, near mint.

Recent Southwick sportcoat, unsure how to describe the fabric but it is a 44R three button with natural horn buttons, single vented and darted.

The best find though was a pair of chairs which were custom made for a high end store, Halle Bros Co. Will post pics as these are hard to describe but they are from 1950's by Heritage Henredon.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
Prorsum is the more luxurious line. Most things made in Italy - different designer (I think). Burberry London is a bit of a mix of things - made all over the world from what I can remember - quality nowhere near Prorsum (except maybe the made in England trenches). I'm no expert though.

Burberry London is the new mainline. Burberrys of London which has the word Prorsum in the flag on their logo is their old mainline. Burberry Prorsum is the high-end runway line.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekgeek
Royal Stetson medium grey felt fedora, size 7 with a grosgrain ribbon and a feather, near mint.

Keep talking... are we talking 60's stingy, modern, hat from the dawn of the royal stetson labeling in the 30s....?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The spell was short...nada as of late.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found some ties today (Austin Reid, LE, Gucci,..) and a few other small things.
They are all for sale or trade. Check my sig for the link to my sale page.

lynch_king

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Temujin

london is a diffusion

prorsum is off erunway actual designeer stuff

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did I blow it?

I just passed on a Wilis&Geiger button down shirt for $5 because had a couple
ink stains on the sleeves.

Ive never seen one of these, but the cut was really really cool.

are these available very often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads