• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_3537.jpg

Has finally gotten properly hot

T shirt: Topman
Jeans: Nudies
Belt: Margiela
Shoes: Paul smith
Bag: Bally

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
fuji: i like that bag a lot

Runway pics. get it.

pic1.jpg

pic2.JPG

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^I like those pants
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
nod[1].gif
come on dawg u better n that also not sure about the shirt - realize its prob meant 2 b long, but hard to tell if it works from that angle
bounce2.gif

Yeah, I need to hop onto the balla sneaker train. The shirt is my most relaxed fitting, it's pretty long but I like it, I have BoO for that cropped, super slim silhouette

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
005dp.jpg
Alexander McQueen / Acne Max Raw / Lanvin Lanvins FINALLY showed up in the mail, and as expected they're a bit loose. Not too huge, but some heel slip. I'm going to try to find an insole that will resolve the issue later today. Also, this shirt material feels amazing. Alt: http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1...queenshirt.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
jd you need to wear that outfit like 6 weekends in a row so that it molds to your body and you get some bo on it so it'll look properly yours

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no hate against JD, I just don't understand McQueen menswear (his women's line is spectacular, however). I don't think I've seen a single piece that wasn't on the runway that I was really into. Obviously it's different seeing clothes in a 2D picture vs. handling them in real life, and it's not a kind of clothing I'm particularly knowledable about, but I'd honestly have a hard differentiating McQueen from H&M sometimes.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
^I like those pants

Yeah, I need to hop onto the balla sneaker train. The shirt is my most relaxed fitting, it's pretty long but I like it, I have BoO for that cropped, super slim silhouette

Get a pair of Purcells or Stan Smiths, I wear my Stan Smiths as much as my Margiela trainers

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
no hate against JD, I just don't understand McQueen menswear (his women's line is spectacular, however). I don't think I've seen a single piece that wasn't on the runway that I was really into. Obviously it's different seeing clothes in a 2D picture vs. handling them in real life, and it's not a kind of clothing I'm particularly knowledable about, but I'd honestly have a hard differentiating McQueen from H&M sometimes.

There's a lot of thought and details put into McQueen's men's pieces. Good stuff.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Uhhhhhhhhh quality wise to say there's no comparison would be the biggest understatement ever. Actually the H&M comment makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. I generally take what you say to heart but how much of his stuff have you dealt with in person? Seriously they are 10 orders of magnitude apart. As far as not understanding the line, the collections are pretty thematic so it's possible that pieces taken out of that context can lead to a bit of confusion. There are a lot of pieces from the current SS collection that is artist-themed that definitely falls into this category and in real life is borderline unwearable (at least for me, maybe it would fit into some peoples' very focused aesthetic). Most of what I have is pretty subdued with just a detail here and there to really set it apart, which is a good balance of visual interest and versatility combined with the aforementioned good quality. I do like a lot of the more out-there stuff, though. I have one printed button up, and I would definitely get this if I could afford it: http://www.oki-ni.com/Mens-Jackets+O...invt/am0186mul
Originally Posted by Fuuma
There's a lot of thought and details put into McQueen's men's pieces. Good stuff.
Definitely the case, a lot of it is details in the way pieces are tailored, but this shirt for example has gingham insets in a few places (shoulders, at the waist). Traditional little bonuses too, like that blazer from yesterday is super casual and wears almost like a jean jacket, yet it has working cuffs. The collar is the main thing that makes this shirt stand out a little bit, but there is more to it (a lot of which obviously doesn't come through in a fit pic).

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Uhhhhhhhhh quality wise to say there's no comparison would be the biggest understatement ever. Actually the H&M comment makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. I generally take what you say to heart but how much of his stuff have you dealt with in person? Seriously they are 10 orders of magnitude apart.

As far as not understanding the line, the collections are pretty thematic so it's possible that pieces taken out of that context can lead to a bit of confusion. There are a lot of pieces from the current SS collection that is artist-themed that definitely falls into this category and in real life is borderline unwearable (at least for me, maybe it would fit into some peoples' very focused aesthetic). Most of what I have is pretty subdued with just a detail here and there to really set it apart, which is a good balance of visual interest and versatility combined with the aforementioned good quality. I do like a lot of the more out-there stuff, though. I have one printed button up, and I would definitely get this if I could afford it: http://www.oki-ni.com/Mens-Jackets+O...invt/am0186mul

Definitely the case, a lot of it is details in the way pieces are tailored, but this shirt for example has gingham insets in a few places (shoulders, at the waist). Traditional little bonuses too, like that blazer from yesterday is super casual and wears almost like a jean jacket, yet it has working cuffs. The collar is the main thing that makes this shirt stand out a little bit, but there is more to it (a lot of which obviously doesn't come through in a fit pic).

Well he was most definitely talking about styling not handling because he explicitly said there is a difference between feeling them and seeing a 2D pic of them.

and like i said before, stand up straight instead of slouching and you will look 10x better

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Alexander McQueen / Acne Max Raw / Lanvin Lanvins FINALLY showed up in the mail, and as expected they're a bit loose. Not too huge, but some heel slip. I'm going to try to find an insole that will resolve the issue later today. Also, this shirt material feels amazing. Alt: http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1...queenshirt.jpg
The material may feel amazing, but your face looks like it's made of 12 grit sandpaper. And I think a few of the AW10 McQueen shirts would go well with your Jil blazer

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys. I've gone through plenty of clothes and brands trying to find ones that fit me well enough.

Originally Posted by barims
A wedding reception in January:

My beard and I last Sunday:

http://i41.tinypic.com/4sxruf.jpg

Incidentally, I like the latest kelvinsense haircut

I've always liked your posts barims, but this one just made WAYWT HOF IMO. F***ing killer. Keep the beard...forever.

Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
another day at the office

untucked for the internets

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...n/IMG_2673.jpg

LL Bean Signature
J. Crew
Allen Edmonds Wilberts

this is what you guys are talking about when you mention "workwear," right?

I'm surprised the LL bean shirt fits better than the J.Crew shirt you wore in your previous post. I assume the LL Bean is an XS? The Crew pants fit surprisingly well considering the source, urban slims?

The J.Crew shirt is WAY oversized which you already pointed out, but if you plan on keeping it, have a tailor hack it up a bit to at least make it more "passible". I'm ok with the tie you wore for that post too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads