• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you had $250 to spend on a watch...

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If I had 250 bucks to spend on a watch, I'd probably spend it on a night out with my wife instead.

(awww....)

Exit English

Reaction score
Seiko Orange Monster looks really cheap to me. Not sure what it is, but it looks cheap.
Originally Posted by Robert
If I had 250 bucks to spend on a watch, I'd probably spend it on a night out with my wife instead. (awww....)
Take her for a walk on the beach and also get the watch. Best of both worlds.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice thought but she ain't a cheap date.

Exit English

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Nice thought but she ain't a cheap date.

I think I would still rather go for the watch. This however is coming from someone who just spent $400 on a tattoo today so who knows if my opinion is even valid.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hmm, yes, well, I guess the watch would last longer...

TheBlackBruceWayne

Reaction score
it never ever crossed my mind to look at vintage watches i spent 325 on an Emporio Armani
frown.gif
about a year ago the next watch i purchase, i'm going vintage

ss10guy3

Reaction score
Stay away from Hamilton, Swiss army, et cetera. Go for something with a bit of character. That Laco automatic was pretty cool. Try and find a used Sinn. That would be ideal.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
To be honest, as much love as Seiko gets, if someone were looking to get a watch that looks like it cost a lot more than he pair, he should probably stay away from Seiko especially if you live in the U.S. I would also stay way from Citizen for that matter.

For $250, OP is better off buying a Burberry watch made by Fossil. People will think it is expensive being a designer watch and the quartz movement is pretty maintenance free so good for new watch owners.

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seiko Samurai is great
2440b8423b875ba5589db875.jpg
Seiko Spirit is good too
s_scvs013a.jpg
Tissot PRC200 - these have a great polish on the bezel, otherwise great watch for the money
2407718096_33c5262dca.jpg
Hamilton are good too though many of the models are pretty obnoxious/gaudy

nineohtoo

Reaction score
a bill yao modified seiko
While MKII has some of the nicest customs out there now(the Blackwater is so nice), I'd still recommend Harold Ng/Yokobies for the price and quick service. Not the best lume, but at this price point, you're looking for a watch that looks decent and will last you, not something for night time operations(and if that, I'd be looking at something with tritium, or perhaps a digital like a G-Shock or Suunto). IMO a custom sterile homage with a 7S26 movement on a good strap or bracelet, is one of the better watch bargains out there. If you had a larger budget I'd go with the Bill Yao/MK II or Chris Wiegand/Lum-Tec customs.

With just a little more than your budget, I was able to get a Sinn 656 styled Seiko SNKH63K for when I'm more dressed up, and a G-Shock GW7900B-1 to beat up at work and when I'm working out or surfing. But with your budget I was able to get a watch, a tropical Jurgen flieger strap and bund. If you shop used you can get something more to your liking for much less.

4592571520_e90ac385ff.jpg

Here's Harold's own photo:

IMG_4694.jpg

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nineohtoo
While MKII has some of the nicest customs out there now(the Blackwater is so nice), I'd still recommend Harold Ng/Yokobies for the price and quick service. Not the best lume, but at this price point, you're looking for a watch that looks decent and will last you, not something for night time operations(and if that, I'd be looking at something with tritium, or perhaps a digital like a G-Shock or Suunto). IMO a custom sterile homage with a 7S26 movement on a good strap or bracelet, is one of the better watch bargains out there. If you had a larger budget I'd go with the Bill Yao/MK II or Chris Wiegand/Lum-Tec customs. With just a little more than your budget, I was able to get a Sinn 656 styled Seiko SNKH63K for when I'm more dressed up, and a G-Shock GW7900B-1 to beat up at work and when I'm working out or surfing. But with your budget I was able to get a watch, a tropical Jurgen flieger strap and bund. If you shop used you can get something more to your liking for much less.
4592571520_e90ac385ff.jpg
Here's Harold's own photo:
IMG_4694.jpg

Sinn's are the most beautiful watches, they never cease to mesmerize me with their perfect balance. Graphic designers would love Sinn watches.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads