• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

daruma

Reaction score
what does:

A single-curtain cotton waistband helps to keep your shirt tucked.

mean? how does that work?

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by g-banger
can i reserve a pair of 32 blue chino while waiting for the walts to come in? Save postage?
when I was waiting on something else to come in I just bought what I wanted online anyways to lock it in, and then sent them an email to hold it until the other item came in. Worked as planned, if I had waited 1 more day the double face shirt would of been sold out.

dexterhaven

Reaction score
Just got the chinos in khaki. Looking forward to trying them on. Also looking forward to the walt restock.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sle-z-e
Just bought the khaki chino. pretty pumped. But customs is gonna really test my patience here...

Thank you sir! I know that Canadian customs can be a pain with processing times, but you guys still get the last laugh with free heath care.

Originally Posted by g-banger
can i reserve a pair of 32 blue chino while waiting for the walts to come in? Save postage?

Absolutely. If you like, you can buy the chino's now and pay for the shipping there. I can then send you an invoice for the Walt's without a shipping charge. We'd then be ready to send both pieces out around the end of next week.

Originally Posted by daruma
what does:

A single-curtain cotton waistband helps to keep your shirt tucked.

mean? how does that work?

The curtain is a little tab of fabric which sits on the bottom on the waistband on the inside of the pant. It sticks out and lightly grabs a shirttail when you tuck it in. It's a smaller, more casual version of the double curtain waistband that we use in our trousers.

Originally Posted by dexterhaven
Just got the chinos in khaki. Looking forward to trying them on. Also looking forward to the walt restock.

Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by boots
I just picked up this badboy, it's fuckin perfect. I realize now that I am an XL in epaulet shirts.

I'm crying because I got the red gingham with trocas buttons in a large that Epaulet was carrying a while back, and it's just too small. I am seriously kicking my self ********** for that one. Look for it on the B&S soon, folks! Seriously, I loved that shirt
frown.gif

Really glad that you dig the Blackwatch tartan. I wear those Tartan seersuckers more than anything else that we make. We're almost totally sold through that, but I'm going to check this week if we can do another run.

Oh, and we don't have a red gingham long sleeve on the schedule, but I've got two others:

1. Maroon Gingham longsleeve in lightweight cotton lawn. ETA early next week
2. Gingham shortsleeves in Red, Black, and Navy. ETA about 4 weeks.

Originally Posted by kgmessier
Mike, any chance you'll be offering those Rivet Chinos in white? That would make me a very happy man.

- Keith

Oh man, I'd really like too. They actually make that fabric in white but it's sold out. I'm actually fighting right now just to get more stock in the basic colors.

We will, however, make an ivory white-on-white seersucker trouser in the Walt fit. That's going to be bad ass.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1. Maroon Gingham longsleeve in lightweight cotton lawn. ETA early next week
2. Gingham shortsleeves in Red, Black, and Navy. ETA about 4 weeks.
Liking the sounds of those. Briefly owned a black SS gingham shirt last summer, but never wore it because it was too big. You guys should get some SS shirts out there with the button sleeves that give you the option of the sleeve roll to SHO OF UR GUNZ MOAR.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the_state
Any chance you'll be getting more tattersall Gitmans in L/XL?

Yes, but probably for late August. I'm working with Gitman on doing a few special makeups for the season. We'll definitely restock that cream Tattersall though.

Originally Posted by boots
But Mike, will they have trocas buttons?! The combonation of those buttons with the red gingham was to die for. *swoon*

I was planning on using plastic tortoise buttons, but let me see - we might have enough colored trocas to hook those up. I agree - I love smoke and copper trocas on gingham!

Originally Posted by APK
Liking the sounds of those. Briefly owned a black SS gingham shirt last summer, but never wore it because it was too big. You guys should get some SS shirts out there with the button sleeves that give you the option of the sleeve roll to SHO OF UR GUNZ MOAR.

Oh man, this Black Gingham is going to be mod as hell! The sleeves are the current model are actually kind of short compared to most shirts out there.

Speaking of that, last night I had a personal training session at a crazy bodybuilding gym in Chelsea. When I walked in, their system was already blaring "Ray of Light" by Madonna. The dudes in there would definitely appreciate some GUNZ-baring short sleeves. I could probably set up a kiosk and make a killing on Epaulet-branded wife beaters and bike shorts. Could be a nice brand extension for us!

Originally Posted by 1969
Are the Chinos going to go online? It sounds like they are moving out of the store and perhaps via PM/email. If so, how much are they and what colors/sizes are left?

Yes sir, the direct link is here. We've still got all sizes in both colors:
EP's Chino's and Denim

And, our team here is packing something like 50 pairs of chinos to go out this morning. Thanks again guys! I'm really keen to hear what you think of them. We're working on the second edition right now.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey Mike, check your PM/email. Just want your response real quick

harryc

Reaction score
My chambray is here!!!

Came home from work late. Threw it on and was off to the supermarket to get some groceries (as if you can't tell).

Fantastic fit. Love it!

IMG_0161.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads