• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.dressspace.com - official affiliate thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am happy to announce a new affiliate, www.dressspace.com. www.Dressspace.com is the online outlet for M.G. Vulpinari, an Italian manufacturing house established in 1968 that originates from a family shop in the 1930s. All of the products of M.G. Vulpinari have a high degree of design research and the company specializes in niche production. In 2001, the company began to collaborate with designers who shared the same ideals. In particular, respect for fashion as culture is important to the Vulpinari company. The brands sold on the Dressspace site are either owned, co-owned, or produced under license by Vulpinari. Please take a look at www.dressspace.com and find a variety of products. Customer representative Rocco should be online shortly to answer any questions you may have. Enjoy, Fok.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome, nice to see more of a variety of styles being sold at the SF affiliates.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I know them since many years, when their name still was "26outlet" and bought two amazing Ceschi Berrini blazers to date, which retail for the tripple fold at some boutiques here in Germany. When I needed measurements or other informations, their customer service was always quickly at my service and left nothing to be desired...

My only point of criticism:

They don't offer money refunds or exchanges in case that an item doesn't fit, doesn't satisfy you quality-wise or the like, but only if the received items evidence defects, mistakes in sizing etc., which can have counter-productive effects on potential buyers - especially those who don't have any experiences with the offered labels yet, thus feel uncertain...

Dai19

Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dai19
http://www.dressspace.com/en/man/clo...t-id=4260.html

This is so ******* cool and I want it my life right now

Arghargjaraedlkfsd

AFAIK, Angelo Frentzos and Nicolas and Mark are actually owned by Vulpinari. Personally, I'm more a fan of Nicolo Ceschi Berrini, who, I think, sits in a sweet spot between conceptual designers like Rick Owens, American ease, and Italian tailoring. The combination makes for some very wearable, but interesting, clothing. The cut of the clothing is more flattering on a variety of body types than, say, RO, and the emphasis on materials really brings even basic items to the next level.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From their sizing chart at http://www.dressspace.com/en/sizing.php:

Code:
ITALIA \t38 \t40 \t42 \t44 \t46 \t48 \t50 \t52 \t54 \t56 \t58
USA \t4 \t6 \t8 \t10 \t12 \t14 \t16 \t18 \t20 \t22 \t24
JAPAN \t5 \t7 \t9 \t11 \t13 \t15 \t17 \t19 \t21 \t23 \t25
FRANCE \t34 \t36 \t38 \t40 \t42 \t44 \t46 \t48 \t50 \t52 \t54​

It's the only sizing chart there. Is this for women or what?

Dai19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
So buy it!

I've gone so far as to accept $400 dollar shoes, and I've just bought a $660 leather jacket, but I still can't justify to myself buying a $100 tee shirt.

I'll probably just by it by this weeks end, anyways. Life is short, look good.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
From their sizing chart at http://www.dressspace.com/en/sizing.php:

Code:
ITALIA \t38 \t40 \t42 \t44 \t46 \t48 \t50 \t52 \t54 \t56 \t58
USA \t4 \t6 \t8 \t10 \t12 \t14 \t16 \t18 \t20 \t22 \t24
JAPAN \t5 \t7 \t9 \t11 \t13 \t15 \t17 \t19 \t21 \t23 \t25
FRANCE \t34 \t36 \t38 \t40 \t42 \t44 \t46 \t48 \t50 \t52 \t54​

It's the only sizing chart there. Is this for women or what?

Nope. It's indeed for men. Italian sized clothes tend to run about 1-2 sizes small compared to the usual European sizes...

IT50 = EU46 = US36 ( Roughly. Depending on label. )

I'm a EU48 in pretty much all of my jackets/coats/blazers but wear 50 in my Ceschi Berrini blazers and my Nicolas & Mark cardigan and could even go with a 52 if I'd prefer a more relaxed fit...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to disagree with Tee here. Italian clothes tend to run trim, but the sizing convention is actually the same (France is different). Most of the European clothes we buy in the USA (Margiela, Dries van Noten, Prada, etc...) use the Italian system. It just happens that Nicolo Ceschi Berrini tends to run trim, and Nicolas and Mark, very trim.

There will actually be a size chart that pops up when you choose a size, so:

\t size
ITALIA:\t 50
USA:\t 16
JAPAN:\t 17
FRANCE:\t 46

Which is pretty accurate. 16 meaning 16 in USA shirts, though that can be misleading, since the 50 is based on the chest measurement (50 ~ 39US, by a direct conversion), and 16 refers to the neck size, though some companies will actually have dual measurements on shirts (eg. 50/16, or 16/50). FWIW, I am a 38" chest, and I wear a (marked) size 48 in Nicolo Ceschi Berrini in outerwear and knits. Their outerwear does tend to run trim, knits are slightly looser, relatively (though usually slim slouchy).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads