• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I think that if you were measured and fitted in Naples that the chances of a great fit on the first go would be excellent. More importantly, they sound like an operation that is concerned with their customer's satisfaction. OTH, hard finished cotton is an unforgiving fabric for alteration. So, probably not the best idea for a start with a $5K suit. There would be a Steed casual look that I would love, but it wouldn't be in this category of things with an Ivy-ish twist to them. I have a tweed odd jacket being made up now that will give me a better handle on this. I should be getting it shortly. In that Filangieri AAAC post that I requoted here, he notes: "But having the chance to influence the work of the Maestro means that you have to respect his own style and artistic inclination, and you don't have to force him and push him too far. During the fitting sessions, you have to learn to 'paint your picture' in the 'framework' of his sartorial style. "That's the main reason why many dedicated aficionados don't have just one provider. Their 'polygamy' is not based on a 'playboy' approach to bespoke fashion. They understand that the Maestro that turns out those flawless flannel chalk-stripe suits might not be able to cut equally gorgeous tweed sport-coats. They understand that the pinched shoulder and large lapels that are the distinctive trademark of some Neapolitan tailors might be totally inappropriate in the case of relaxed, sweater-like fitting cashmere sport-coats. "If they want a summer linen suit with patch pockets, double stitching and a 'light-as-a-breeze' Mediterranean look, they know who's door they're supposed to knock on to get their mission accomplished. There's no such thing as a standardized, universal Neapolitan style. Every tailor, even those who where trained by the same Maestro, evolved an extremely personal interpretation of the Neapolitan cut and has every right to be proud of it." I think there might be some truth to this overall, one that leads to a practical application of this even for those who do not have direct access to a capital of tailoring diversity. So, your point is not lost on me. - B
Cotton for a suit? Why?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
It looks okay, actually good, to me, too. Looking forward to seeing the seersucker.

It does look okay and yes,even good. I was comparing today's suit with his other suits. Also, it seemed to me that the chest is little tight (maybe other problem) as lapels are slightly bending (this is a usual phenomenon for RLBL suits). Or better yet, maybe I just don't like cheapskate Vox
smile.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
RE: Steed casual. Something that interests me and I wish I saw more of here was bespoke casual/sportswear. Meaning non-dress, purpose-built jackets. For example: 3 button shirt jackets ala Woolrich of the 50's-60's. Hunting jackets, creative projects beyond the bounds of a 3-2 sport coat etc.
Do you commission much if anything along those lines, Vox?

No, I haven't.

But, here's a Norfolk that Edwin did for another guy in Boston:

DSC00086_edited.jpg

T4, iammatt, and foofy have all posted Neapolitan shirt jackets.

- B

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though Vox is waiting until Memorial Day to sport his, I think I may bust out some Seersucker tomorrow. People have been wearing it since April down here and it is hot as hell in NOLA already.
smile.gif

We will see. I have to go see my tax attorney tomorrow...maybe a cheerful outfit will help things along.
laugh.gif

Mike

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Grrrr! You don't like it? I think it looks okay for what it is. The seersucker came out a bit better. Memorial Day is around the corner, and you then you can tell me that the GenII seersucker Aver has "suck" in the name for a reason.
laugh.gif

gladly forex already approved adrian's paprika, it saves you another grrrr!

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The charm of impracticality; the dÃ
00a9.png
gagÃ
00a9.png
of the dÃ
00a9.png
shabillÃ
00a9.png
. - B

...the absence of a brain.
wink.gif
H&S did a sea island cotton book, may still do. However, Rubinacci's cost will not be the thing that concerns you should you fancy it.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
It does look okay and yes,even good. I was comparing today's suit with his other suits. Also, it seemed to me that the chest is little tight (maybe other problem) as lapels are slightly bending (this is a usual phenomenon for RLBL suits). Or better yet, maybe I just don't like cheapskate Vox
smile.gif

The chest is, indeed, tight.

- B

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
gladly forex already approved adrian's paprika, it saves you another grrrr!
Vox doesn't need anybody's approval, he is just gracious enough to keep things entertaining for us. On another note, I have been mulling over a pair of paprika's, if only they could be made to ajv's standards
inlove.gif

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_1152.jpg
IMG_1159.jpg
Jil Sander, Borelli, Cerruti for Wilkes Bashford, Etro, RL, Mulberry Sheer awesomeness, Barims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads